Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE HIGH RENAISSANCE - RAPHAEL
8/4/2007 9:12:20 PM
Thank you, Vessie; you are very kind. And your appreciation is correct. It is very, very beautiful.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/4/2007 9:49:31 PM

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure that you visit this forum. And I am very glad that you find solace in looking at the Madonna.

You are correct in your appreciation of other Madonnas. For whatever reason, even Raphael in his youth painted a few that are frankly harsh. Later on, however, he would paint several that are a model of beauty for all times.

The links to some of them have been included among his other paintings in this forum.

But there are more, like his Madonna of Loreto (Madonna del Velo) and, most specially, his Madonna with the Blue Diadem.

Thank you again,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/5/2007 4:54:39 PM

Dear Phil,

It is thanks to wonderful responses like this one of yours that I feel rewarded for what little effort I put into these forums. So the time I spend on preparing them is never wasted.

There where several beautiful paintings by Raphael that I felt inclined to present today before I finally decided on the Madonna of the Chair; among them, my first favorite was a portrait by him that I have always found so very special that I feel this forum would be incomplete without it.

So I am happy to end my reply to you with the beautiful image below.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

La Donna Velata ("Woman with a Veil")

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/15/2007 2:08:56 PM

Hi Luis,

I also had a long absence from my forum, sometimes we need to take a break.  Good luck this week in the POTW election, I voted for you!

Raphael's paintings are very realistic and luminous.  The Italian Masters have similar styles.

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/15/2007 5:30:47 PM

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am sure you are a lot more missed by the readers at your forums than I am at mine, but I appreciate your comment. Thank you very much about the POTW contest too; you are so nice.

On the other hand it's true, Raphael used to teach some Iyalian Mannerists and as such can be said to be the first Mannerist. His painting is superbly realistic and luminous and in the use of ciaroscuro he may be compared to the great Leonardo. 

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!