Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rajaram S.K.

12239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: COMMUNION AS AN ADVANCED RELATIONSHIP
8/17/2007 6:42:56 AM

Hello friends,

Strong hurricane enters Caribbean

FORT-DE-FRANCE, Martinique - Hurricane Dean tore through the eastern Caribbean islands of St. Lucia and Martinique on Friday, terrifying residents with powerful winds that shook homes, downed trees and knocked out power.  

By HERVE BRIVAL, Associated Press Writer 9 minutes ago

FORT-DE-FRANCE, Martinique - Hurricane Dean tore through the eastern Caribbean islands of St. Lucia and Martinique on Friday, terrifying residents with powerful winds that shook homes, downed trees and knocked out power.

The eye of Dean, the first hurricane of the Atlantic season, passed between St. Lucia and Martinique, two eastern Caribbean islands less than 50 miles apart, the National Hurricane Center in Miami said.

"There is water in my house. There is water in my room. I don't know what to do. Everything is shaking, shaking, shaking. It's truly catastrophic," a distraught unidentified woman said in a phone call to Radio Martinique.

Airports were closed, coastal hotels were evacuated and tourists hunkered down in shelters as 100 mph winds swept over the islands.

"It's blowing, it's blowing," a resident who gave her name as Janine told the radio. "You can feel its strength."

St. Lucia's acting prime minister, Stephenson King, announced that the country's two commercial airports were closing Thursday night as the storm's outer bands began moving through the islands. Martinique's main airport was also closed.

"We may not be spared on this occasion as it appears that we are likely to experience the worst," King said.

The Category 2 hurricane was expected to intensify as it enters the warm waters of the Caribbean — heading toward Jamaica.

It was too early to tell whether the storm would eventually strike the United States, but officials were gearing up for the possibility of the season's most severe storm yet.

"It's so far out, but it's not too early to start preparing," said Katherine Cesinger, a spokeswoman for Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

About 300 American medical students from Dominica's Ross University were stranded at the island's airport Thursday until family members hired private planes, said Dr. Mauricio Gomez, from the UCLA Medical Center in California, whose fiancee was among the students. Most arrived in Puerto Rico to await flights on Friday bound for the United States, Gomez said.

Hotels in Dominica and Martinique moved tourists from seaside rooms.

At the Jungle Bay Resort & Spa, on Dominica's Atlantic coast, about 18 guests spent Thursday night in a reinforced steel-and-concrete shelter, hotel spokeswoman Laura Ell said.

"Everyone's very calm but taking it seriously," she said.

Martinique officials set up cots at schoolhouse shelters while residents lined up at gas stations and emptied supermarket shelves.

"It's the first time I've seen this, all our water supply completely gone in less than two hours," said Jean Claude, a supermarket manager.

The government also canceled commemoration events planned for the 152 Martinique residents who died in a plane crash a year ago.

In St. Lucia, radio and television advisories urged people to stock up on canned food and fill their cars with gasoline. Volunteers knocked on doors to make sure people knew about the storm.

The National Hurricane Center said Dean would likely be a dangerous Category 3 hurricane by the time it reaches the central Caribbean. Forecasters say it appeared to be heading south of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Dominican Republic and Haiti, which share the island of Hispaniola.

As it approaches the Mexican resort town of Cancun, on the Yucatan Peninsula, on Tuesday it could be an extremely dangerous Category 4 hurricane, the hurricane center said.

It predicted storm surge flooding at 2 to 4 feet above normal tide levels near the center of Dean as it passes over the Lesser Antilles and total possible rainfalls of 7 inches in mountainous areas.

At 5 a.m. EDT, hurricane warnings were in effect for the islands of St. Lucia, Martinique, Dominica and Guadeloupe.

Tropical storm warnings have been issued for the U.S. Virgin Islands, the British Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, Anguilla and St. Maarten, Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

Water-logged Texas dealt with the remnants of Tropical Storm Erin, which dropped up to 7 inches of rain in parts of San Antonio and Houston. Officials throughout central and southern Texas braced for the possibility of 10 to 15 inches of rain by Friday morning.

At least two people died Thursday in Erin's thunderstorms.

Shell Oil Co. evacuated 188 people this week from offshore facilities in Erin's path and said Thursday it was already monitoring Dean.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070817/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/tropical_weather;_ylt=Ahbf4922y.2nCY6RtfvaISGs0NUE

S.K. Rajaram
+0
Rajaram S.K.

12239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/20/2007 8:14:45 AM

Hello Branca and dear friends,

Kindly please go through my reply to our friend LaNell as follows, being posted here for your information and respond here, if you may please......

Hi LaNell and friends,

Re: Does Christian Doctrine support or condemn war?

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/776957.aspx

LaNell, respecting everyones view here, thanks for inviting me too here to place my opinion.

"Christianity teaches to love your enemies..."

When you are at war with others, either with your own family members or anyone other than your family, country etc., because of difference of demands, rights, threat, aggression etc., the Religion/caste/community/race etc., doesn't come into picture at all, as nowadays every country has A mixture of all the religious/castes/community/races belonging to different societies. Thereby the differences merge/disappear, leading the humans fight to defend their rights. Though many may call the recent wars as belonging to a particular religion, actually it is not....They just decide and wish to fight for some reason or the other, defending themselves against aggression, policies, business etc., Intentions are totally different, other than what is projected to the world. The main aim of war everywhere is completely kept secret, unknown to the present world and society at large. Even if it is leaked out, it may be a false propaganda, to deviate from the facts of hostility.

In fact, everyone loves everyone in all respects, irrespective of their nations. That's the main reason, UNITED NATIONS ORGANISATION was born and survive to this day, serving the people all over the world impartially, maintaining their TRUE LOVE AND PEACE.   

As a SOLDIER, you have to forget your religion/race/caste/community etc., and fight the war as a KSHATRIYA (fighting Human Class in the Army/Navy/Airforce), perform his/her functions, allotted duties to fight during the time of hostilities, defending their own countries/UNO, wherever you are detailed to do so by your superiors, under certain conditions. Never think about the religion at that time - LOOK ONLY AT GOOD OR EVIL/BAD DEEDS/ACTIONS.....

Even during such times of war, only GOD SHALL GUIDE US, AS GOD IS NOT CONFINED ONLY TO A PARTICULAR RELIGION. God, to all is same, since He Loves all. Good or Evil shall be decided by Him only and non can define it perfectly with precision. Only He is the Master of the Universe/Galaxies, keeping them in order. He only taught us...

Love ever and Hate never!!!

Love thy enemies!!! Love thy neighbours!!!

God is Love!!! Love is God!!!

BUT STILL YOU SAY ..............

OM SHANTHI! OM SHANTHI!! OM SHANTHI HI!!!

LET THERE BE PEACE ALL OVER THE EARTH/UNIVERSE/GALAXIES!!!

MAY GOD BLESS US ALL WITH HIS GRACE!!!

With Love and Peace to all

Rajaram S.K.

S.K. Rajaram
+0
8/20/2007 12:02:35 PM

Hi Rajaram,Branka & friends

Rajaram,not only Christianity teaches love your enemies-mainly all religions are based on respecting other human beings which comes to love others.

How many wars were there in name of some religion?As I mentioned the other day wars are fought for economy in the name of religion.In fact it has nothing to do with religion.Worker obeys his chief-soldier obeys his commander same as low cast obeys higher cast.Obedience is what the above ask for.

You mentioned United Nations,but probably forgot to mention The League Of Nations which was preceding,the reason of making such organization,the reason it has fallen down and what is going with U.N. and what is its perspectivity in future?We all know who has most cash in it and who has power of VETO.Unfortunately those who have cash are forcing those who have less or need it to OBEY.There we close magic circle.

Have a good week

Zvonimir

----------------------

http://www.zvorak.net

+0
Rajaram S.K.

12239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/21/2007 6:41:11 AM

Hi Zvonimir,

Thanks for your response to my post. I fully agree with you Sir. Boss orders and commands/demands, using their VETO powers, whenever and wherever they feel like. Others got to bend and as you mentioned, OBEY...whatelse to do, then....Otherwise, those who DISOBEY are in peril....OBEDIENCE or face the consequences, is the ORDER OF THE DAY, nowadays.....Is this out of FEAR, being intimidated????...To Where are we leading our future nations to......?????

Many million dollar questions, in plenty???? Answers may be many, but which is the right answer. Who can give that to us, directing us in the right path, other than GOD, in human form????????

With Love and PEace to all

Rajaram S.K.

S.K. Rajaram
+0
8/21/2007 7:31:19 AM
First and foremost, thanks for a great forum and topic here Branka.  I was born and raised a Mormon in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I was instilled with solid morals and values that thankfully are still with me today.  Now I am a born-again Christian, a Southern Baptist, saved by God's grace.

Finally, congratulations to Branka, the Person Of The Week (POTW)!!! Stephen
Adlandpro is one of my fave sites as the people are fanta-bulous, the networking is great, having a place to share ads and info rocks! For over 20 years now I've been part of a huge T.E.A.M., where "Together Everyone Achieves More." Our dreams and goals are to help as many folks succeed as possible no matter what occupation or biz you are in. I have 3 main blogs or websites, including expertise in blogging, forums, communities, network marketing, social networking, advertising, lead generation, SEO & more. Love connecting with like-minded individuals. Thanks so much, Mark Stephen Hauser of http://www.facebook.com/martinezshopper and my main blog https://martinezshopperdotws.blogspot.com/
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!