Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: COMMUNION AS AN ADVANCED RELATIONSHIP
8/15/2007 9:10:19 AM

EXACTLY!! Zvonimir you have hit the nail on the head!!

"it is easy to criticize without wearing someone's boots".

We do not have the authority or the power to judge our fellow man.  I wish I could remember whose forum it was recently, but there was a story about a man named Joe who worked for a factory and who was judged, and teased by his coworkers.  Joe was a bit strange to them, was a loner and his clothes didn't meet well with them.  During a prank the coworkers gave Joe a package that was full of the scrap parts of the deer that was caught when all of the others had gotten the good meaty stuff and Joe - before he opened his package - said, something like "Oh, thank you.  I knew you wouldn't forget me - I can give my kids a good meal for a change.  You see, my wife has been ill for 4 years and I have 4 children and it is all I can do pay for her medical bills and take care of her and the children......"   I will see if I can find the whole story and post it here.

What a lesson to be learned there.  Who are we to judge?

Thanks, Zvonimir!!  Great point!

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/15/2007 11:53:35 AM
Hello Everyone and Branka of course :-)

I do another attempt to gather my thoughts into one post; just hopping this time it won't come up again something to spoil my thoughts!

First I would love to pick this:

"it is easy to criticize without wearing someone's boots".

...and I would say that it is easy to criticize anyway! That is why everyone is able to do that: CRITICIZE
Besides, why should I wear someone else's shoes?! I would stumble with them at the first step anyway! LOL

...before someone would take me serious, I'm just kidding! Sorry I cannot help it
Life is too serious not to make fun of it!

This is a very important issue: EMPATHY is one of the most important for building relationships and  for a true communication. With out that, one cannot really see what's the partners point, and there is no exchange of opinion, just announcements! Hm, I hope you may see my point without a heavy empathy and sweat! :-)

Most of my above statements are based on my own observations and experience with my kids! In my opinion is not the quantity of time spent with your kids but the quality! And it is also important to build up a health and solid base which is going to grow a wonderful child-parent friendship! I'm my daughter's and son's best friend!

This could be a more debated issue, thought I think this was enough just to let you have a slight insight about how I think with this respect.

I have to go back to another post and see how I'll be able to focus upon that too!

The beauty of this thread (and excitement) is that it brings up so many facets of the same subject.

Hope I'll be back yet today LOL
Anamaria

+0
Rajaram S.K.

12239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/16/2007 7:02:52 AM

Hello Branca and dear friends,

Fossils challenge old evolution theory - 

Ancient human fossils show women much smaller 

Dear brothers and sisters, while discussing all the past topics here about the community, criticism, Love, Respect and the latest "it is easy to criticize without wearing someone's boots"....

Do you wish to know approximately, how old we/our ancestors are in this beautiful Blue Planet Earth????.....Here we are...

Fossils challenge old evolution theory

Ancient human fossils show women much smaller

By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer Thu Aug 9, 10:33 AM ET

WASHINGTON - Surprising research based on two African fossils suggests our family tree is more like a wayward bush with stubby branches, challenging what had been common thinking on how early humans evolved.

The discovery by Meave Leakey, a member of a famous family of paleontologists, shows that two species of early human ancestors lived at the same time in Kenya. That pokes holes in the chief theory of man's early evolution — that one of those species evolved from the other.

The Homo habilis jaw was dated at 1.44 million years ago. That is the youngest ever found from a species that scientists originally figured died off somewhere between 1.7 and 2 million years ago, Spoor said. It enabled scientists to say that Homo erectus and Homo habilis lived at the same time.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070809/ap_on_sc/human_evolution;_ylt=Asa11.SaDDqmEphMxzaaS04PLBIF

Fossils challenge old evolution theory AP - Thu Aug 9, 10:33 AM ET

• Frederick Kyalo Manthi , Phd, holds the H. erectus complete skull he discovered in 2000 near lake Turkana in Kenya, Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2007 at the National Museum of Kenya in Nairobi. Surprising fossils dug up in Africa are creating messy kinks in the iconic straight line of human evolution from knuckle-dragging ape to briefcase-carrying man.(AP Photo/Karel Prinsloo)

WASHINGTON - Surprising research based on two African fossils suggests our family tree is more like a wayward bush with stubby branches, challenging what had been common thinking on how early humans evolved.

• Undated handout image of the particularly small Homo erectus shown from above with the large skull from Tanzania showing the gorilla-like size variation of the species. (National Museums of Kenya/F. Spoor and J. Reader/Handout/Reuters)
    Ancient human fossils show women much smaller Reuters - Thu Aug 9, 10:18 AM ET

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Homo erectus, long viewed as a crucial evolutionary link between modern humans and their tree-dwelling ancestors, may have been more ape-like than previously thought, scientists unveiling new-found fossils said on Thursday.

• Both fossils were found in 2000 east of Lake Turkana. But the Homo erectus skull, dating back 1.55 million years, was slightly older than the Homo habilis jawbone, which was found to be 1.44 million years old, the scientists said.

• "The story of human evolution has not yet been (told)," said Kenya Museum director Farah Idle. "There are many missing links. The more discoveries you make, the more questions you raise."

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070809/sc_nm/kenya_fossils_dc;_ylt=AtyaNzV5T5nFRtSOlH_t1lIPLBIF

• S.K. Rajaram
    +0
    Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 100 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/16/2007 12:01:39 PM
    Well, I don't know about you Branka, but I found that very interesting.

Bonjour, btw!

Sarah
    Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
    +0
    8/16/2007 12:15:11 PM

Bonjour Sarah, Namaste Rajaram, hello dear friends, Poštovanje Zvonimire!

At moment I am in so great speed and I suffer the most from timelessness ...

Please fell free to come and post often, whenever you have something to think or to tell about. For communion there are no any insignificient things ... So, let your minds, heart and fingers to express themselves ...

I hope for one or two days my o`clock will change it`s speed.

Bless you al and embrace with love of my soul!

Branka

+0