Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: BE GRATEFUL FOR NOW, IT'S HERE TO ENJOY
7/27/2007 11:37:29 PM
My Buddy Roger

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/28/2007 7:58:44 AM

Hi Nick - you silly !!!

Roger,

I hope you have a fantastic weekend.  I am going to have 2 of my grandchildren this weekend and I won't be on line, but having them allows me to stop and smell the roses some - I hope you do the same. 

Thanks and have a terrifice weekend.

Judy

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2007 1:26:27 AM

Hi,

Has anybody tried the technique yet.

I discovered a neighbour that I didn't know by just this excercise.

I ate croissants and drank coffee and watched the world go by, just for a while.

It makes me stop and look now, like I used to do.

Roger

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2007 8:44:15 AM

Hi again, Roger!

I have.  Over the weekend we had some really gorgeous summer weather and it was expecially nice on Saturday morning.  I have a lovely patio that I rarely take the time to enjoy and on Saturday morning, I sat out there with my coffee and in a very short time, discovered that the birds like the patio as much as I do and they get to spend more time there than I do.  I discovered 3 types of butterflies in my garden while I was there.  I knew I had one - now I know of 3. 

I also made a new resolution that for at least 1 hour every weekend, I would follow your technique and continue to discover new things, remeet people I haven't seen in a while, read a book that's been gathering dust.

Thanks Roger!  I hope others will give this a try as well.

Judy

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2007 8:53:20 AM
Hi Roger, Great ideas. Even in the yard, just turn the lawn furniture a different direction. Who said it always has to face a certain direction. Look at a different wall, tree, house, road or whatever. I have spent the past 5 weeks without TV, computer, and yes even radio. It was the radio I missed the most because I enjoy music and working while listening to news or reports on NPR. I saw things I never knew about and enjoyed seeing some of the same species over and over. I even learned to sit quietly at the viewing window @ the Nature Center @ camp and saw many beautiful sights. I even learned the name of some of the birds. It took almost a week to slow down and go through the withdrawal of not having tech. noises around me. Yes I sat in many different places and saw wonderful sights. That was a 5 week adventure to remember.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!