Menu

Thomas West

8 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: All blame is a waste of time...
7/19/2005 5:07:01 PM
We are all the sole creator of our own experiences. Period. Allowing others to be who they are and make their own decisions is a challenge. An even bigger challenge is to make each individual creator work together to co-create. Blaming another is an easy way of REACTING. The truth, however, is that we have invited that person or thing into our existence in the first place. We are rarely surprised to find that there are those "things to blame" that always seem to pop up. Murphy's Law: "Whatever can possibly go wrong, will." The self-fulfilling prophecy is real and a part of our existence, both for bad and good. We have invited those outcomes into our existence and then said "See, I KNEW that would happen." "He ALWAYS does this to me." "I NEVER get my way." "Those kind of people..." The true nature of this kind of blaming is always centered on our own self-image. We place blame because we are not comfortable dealing with the real issue - us.
New Reply
+0
7/19/2005 5:13:16 PM
HI Bogdan, Thanks for the invite. The world would be a much better place if people learned to accept responsibility for their own actions, instead of trying to lie the blame on somone else. Marilyn L. Ali
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

New Reply
+0
7/19/2005 6:40:52 PM
This subject is one that is close to my heart. I grew up in a family of 4 girls, raised by a single mother. Something was always getting broken, ruined, lost, "borrowed" or lent. I heard so much blaming growing up (usually directed at me, it seemed) that when I was in management later in life, I told my co-workers "I dont' CARE who's fault it is. We are a team, and we simply have to find a solution. Blame it on ME if it makes you feel better" This came after hearing a bunch of "so-and-so did this or that" The tension was lightened after that comment, and I have held on to it ever since. It's a whole lot easier to move on and make progress once the whole process of "finding out who's to blame" is over. Its just a big waste of time, anyway.
New Reply
+0
Drbob Siegman

247 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/19/2005 6:42:54 PM
Hi Bogdan Excellent quote. "All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you For general success in life period, The primary goal of each individual person should be, Improving Oneself and you sure can't do that when you're focusing elsewhere. when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. Only we are selves have the control and power to allow or disallow ourselves to be happy/unhappy, satisfied/frustrated. We look outside ourselves to blame, so that we can avoid looking at the truth of our own short comings and avoid the uncomfortibility of trying to make a change with in ourselves. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won't succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy." It is like being upset at the weather because rain interferes with what you are wanting to do and being unhappy about it. Try as you like, your not going to change the weather. But what you could change is how you feel about the weather and or situation or adjust your activities accordingly, for that you can control. It all stems from SELF! You'll find that if you Get Right with Yourself, all else will slowly start to fall in to place. Happy Smiles to One and All!
New Reply
+0
7/19/2005 7:16:09 PM
Hi Bogdan! I love this quote, not that I didn't enjoy all of the others, LOL! But this explains, very simply, how whenever something bad happens in your life or your business do you blame the business itself, where your advertising, money(or lack there of), other people or yourself? The only person keeping you from your own success is YOU. Thanks Bogdan, once again, you have allowed us the opportunity to think outside the box. Keep up the great work;-).
New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!