Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The New School Prayer ...
7/17/2005 4:03:44 PM
A dear friend from Virginia sent this to me and I MUST share this. The New School Prayer ... Now I sit me down in school Where praying is against the rule For this great nation under God Finds mention of Him very odd. If Scripture now the class recites, It violates the Bill of Rights. And anytime my head I bow Becomes a Federal matter now. Our hair can be purple, orange or green, That's no offense; it's a freedom scene. The law is specific, the law is precise. Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice. For praying in a public hall Might offend someone with no faith at all In silence alone we must meditate, God's name is prohibited by the state . We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks, And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks. They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible. To quote the Good Book makes me liable. We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen, And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King. It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong, We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong. We can get our condoms and birth controls, Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles. But the Ten Commandments are not allowed, No word of God must reach this crowd. It's scary here I must confess, When chaos reigns the school's a mess. So, Lord, this silent plea I make: Should I be shot; My soul please take! Amen If you aren't ashamed to do this, please pass this on. Jesus said, " If you are ashamed of me," I will be ashamed of you before my Father." Not ashamed. Pass this on! From a friend to me. Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
Re: The New School Prayer ...
7/17/2005 4:55:17 PM
Hi Kenneth, Thanks for opening this can of worms. I am part Native American, and was never taught much about my ancestors' spiritual life while I was in school. I read books on Vampires and witches all the time, and yet have hexed no one. I used to spike my hair with electric blue gel, and never once did I fear Hell. Nor do I now. Maybe if Christianity would not recruit like the armed services, and force its values on everyone peace would actually stand a chance. My fore fathers and mothers suffered greatly at the hand of the great white Christian, and I meet a hundred saved and sanctified liars and theives a year, here in the bible belt. I live with a hypocritical, Holier than thou self proclaimed Christian today. Chreist's words, in the hands of man, have become tools of domination and imprisonment. This country was founded on religious freedom, which means the same freedom I support for you right to YOUR faith,and its practice within your family structure, also gives me the freedom from YOUR faith, and my desire not to practice it within my family structure. AdLand is not a church, and this constant preaching is getting offensive Linda
+0
Betty Williams

404 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/17/2005 5:04:18 PM
Kenneth...as a school teacher, I know how this poem speaks the truth. It is so sad to see how unaware and uncaring some of our leaders are. So often the minority rules...because we let them. We...who believe in the truth do not stand up to our responsibility of seeing that the truth is put forth. It is just easier to let them rule. If we would bond together... I believe we are in the majority as believers that God is our creator. Thanks for posting that.I did pass it on. Betty
+0
7/17/2005 5:42:44 PM
Hello Linda, I, too am part Navive American, Cherokee, And as you said "I was not taught about my heritage". But I look at today, not the past. For the past can't be changed. With the way things are today and youth Ruling this country now and I mean TEENS, I have had my freedoms walked on, talked about, and taken away because they are a minor. Nothing can be done about it because they are a minor. And It is the government that has done this to the decency of humanity. SO I speak up and I know that not all will agree and some might be offended. But I have been offended long enough. Teens wearing their pants down far enough to see pubic hair and butt crack and UNDER WEAR, not SHOW ME WEAR. The language ... do I even have to say? Hip hop and rap that promotes, yes I said promotes, bad behavior. I wish you only great things and hope that one day all of the kaos of today will be washed away and that decency for all will prevail.
+0
7/17/2005 5:53:26 PM
HI Kenneth, Thanks for inviting me to your forum. It is an awful shame that I have to say that all this is true! It has gotten to be a terrible thing in this country that the one good thing kids should know about can not even be talked about! My son, who is now 20 yrs old, came to me one day when he was still in high school and asked me this question. He said," Ma, how come they do not allow us to pray in school and talk about God, but yet they have the right to teach us the theory of relativity?" I told him that was a very good question, and one that should be asked to the Federal government. God can't be discussed because it might offend someone who does not believe, but then why do Godly people have to hear about "the big boom" that supposedly created the world? I think that is just as offensive to hear about since I do not believe in it! People in this country need to wake up and realize that many of the things that are going on here are due to the lack of faith and wanting to remove God from everything! I think God is trying to tell people something and people are not listening! Let's just consider for a moment that maybe things like 9-11, other bombings, school shootings, unusual hurricanes happening, and many more things that are happening in this country, just might be signs from God because He is angry. I mean come on and think about it...People want to remove the motto "In God We Trust" off of money, a statute of the 10 Commandments had to be removed from a Federal building because some found it offensive(which in my opinion was totally stupid), we are not allowed to say the Pledge of Allegiance with the words "Under God" in it anymore in schools, etc etc etc The list goes on and on! Where and when is it going to stop? Let's wake up and all start trying to do something about this! They say this country is so free...from what I have been seeing I would say we are slowly losing alot of our freedoms here. The Dixie Chicks said their opinion about Pres. Bush while overseas and look at the backlash they got because of it! What happened to "Freedom of Speech"? It sometimes appears to me that our freedoms are only allowed when it suits the governments purpose! The last time I read the "Bill of Rights" I didn't see any conditions put on our rights there! Look at the Patriot Act...maybe some may agree with it, but what if it was you and your home that was being invaded? Then they take you from your family to some prison without telling anyone where you are, without charging you w/anything and no access to a lawyer, merely because they don't like your nationality, religion, or country your from...would you still agree with it if it was you? This is one of the biggest violations of human rights I have ever seen! I am sure some of you will not like what I wrote and that is fine! You do not have to agree...that's what makes us all individuals....that's why God gave us our own minds! But you can disagree and still take a good look at alot of things going on in this country, and when you do that try to look at things from an unbiased aspect. Put yourself in someone elses shoes for a minute and then ask yourself how would you feel if it was you being treated this way?! I can name quite a few others that at some point in time were also were being mistreated, ridiculed, beaten, and many other things...The American Indians,the Blacks, the Jewish, the Germans.......think about it! Marilyn L. Ali
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!