Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lucy Walker

241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Mighty Oaks
5/2/2007 10:10:10 PM

How touching. Such beauty among utter destruction.

Lucy,

+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2007 10:16:26 PM

Hi Mary

Thanks for sharing this. I don't know if you all know, but I was affected by Katrina. And it's nice to know some good things came out of this disaster.

Being with out electricity, and water for 3 weeks was very traumatic, but the damage Katrina done will live with us a long time. Me and my family are 90 miles from Biloxi and the eye of Katrina came over us. I will never as long as I live forget that day, and the aftermath. 

BJ

+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2007 10:18:24 PM
mary, that is wonderful.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/2/2007 10:50:11 PM

Hi Mary,

Thanks.  It's so nice of you to share this with us.

This reminds me of one of my favorite old songs from the late 60's.

"And when I die, and when I'm dead, dead and gone,
There'll be one child born,
And a world to carry on.
There'll be one child born to carry on."

"When I Die", Blood, Sweat & Tears, 1969

You can destroy the body, but you cannot destroy the Spirit.  The physical apprearance has been changed forever, and the New Orleans landscape will never be same, however the Spirit lives on and the area will come back to Greatness.

God Bless all of the wonderful people, many of whom lost everything, but yet, who are survivors who will keep the Spirit alive.

Thanks Again,

Phil  

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Herb Gruenewald

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/2/2007 11:44:32 PM
Hi Mary,

Thanks for sharing these photos, they are really sharp and clear.

We had a mighty oak right on our property line that we had to take down because it died over the winter. Strange because it was real healthy looking the summer before. Cost us 1500.00 to take it down and grind the roots out. And the best part is the guy cut the logs in long lengths so he could sell the wood besides. The inside looked perfect. Strange!

All the best,
Herb

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!