Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Mighty Oaks
5/4/2007 1:17:20 PM
Hi Mary,

My daughter bought a home in Sonoma County
with 4 hundred year old trees..and was given
instruction on the required care for the trees.
No planting within the drip line..as too much
watering kills the Oaks..Any cutting or pruning
had to be done by a licensed Arborist..

I don't know what happens to the Oaks that are
out in some farmers field???

Cherry
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/4/2007 1:29:01 PM
Cherry, That is an awsome responsibility. That is why I wouln't own a bonsi plant. Perhaps the oak are telling us to treat all the world as if it could be taken away and we couln't enjoy anymore. But these beautiful oak have given us a second chance. There is not always a second chance.
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/4/2007 3:25:59 PM
Hello Mary,

Wonderful!

At the time that my father was dying, a friend in the village asked me if I wanted a tiny oak tree.

We live in a very small village in France (about 50 people in the village) and this lady lives in a little house which hasn't got a garden.  She has lots of tubs and window boxes and a bird must have dropped an acorn in one of them.

There are no oak trees in or around our village.  It was not possible for her to let this little oak tree grow where it was.  We have a big domain, so she thought that I would like it.

I thought of Daddy and I planted the little oak tree in our front garden in his name, overlooking the countryside.  We have wonderful views from that spot and Daddy loved it when he came to visit us.  My daddy lived a lot longer than the experts expected him to and I call the tree my tree of hope and life.

I've placed a garden bench next to it so that people can sit and contemplate.  I picture a bench below it when it has grown.  That will be in many years, of course, but it will be many years of hope and love.  I give the tree a lot of love and it is doing well.

Thank you for sharing the photos and thank you for letting me share my little oak tree story.

best wishes,

Sarah Pritchard

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Chris Agostarola

979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/4/2007 5:08:34 PM

It's very nice to see something positve come out of all that devastation.

Chris

Chris Agostarola LunaWolf's Mystical Essence http://lunawolfsmysticalessence.com/store/affiliate.asp?aff=71 FREE TO JOIN!!! Watkins www.watkinsonline.com rep#380993 to join : http://www.tsginfo.com/index.php?rc=CA4792
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2007 3:40:22 PM

Hello Mary,

Thank you for sharing this story about the Oak Trees with us.  Its wonderful that the trees will still be remembered.  Not for what they once were, but for what they are now.  Nothing really dies unless we let it.

Sincerely,

Terry

May the seeds you plant today forever beautify your world

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!