Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Imitation may not be flattery
5/3/2007 10:50:31 PM

Thank you, Kenneth!

I greatly appreciate your comment.

Sincerely

Terry

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/3/2007 11:17:35 PM
Hi again, Mary.

I have to admit that I am guilty of being kind to people.

I have most often been the first to retract and apologize for a misinterpretation.  I don't deal with conflict very well, so that is why I  subscribe to the concept of offering kindness to others.

Now for my lifetime, to come, I will try to consider not indulging so readily.  Besides, we are all supposed to be adults, right? 

As far as SPAM is concerned, my in-box is full of it from supposed "gurus" whose lists I have joined over time.  I think I have control of that so maybe it is time to clean out the junk and unsubscribe to the meaningless sales pitches that I receive daily. 

I know, it really isn't SPAM because I asked to be a part of their lists.  But, I am always getting offers to buy something that I didn't ask for.  Kinda resembles SPAM to me.

Thank you again for your kindness and I will try to comply in the future.

Peace,
Leon

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/4/2007 7:01:22 AM
Leon, its ok---just be yourself. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"--Charles Caleb Colton Well not always as we have stated
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/4/2007 7:16:56 AM
Hi Ken and Terry, Picture the forum owner standing in front of an audience. The audience comments and answer questions you may ask. However, if somewone in the audience wants to tell what they are cooking for supper, or that their toe hurts the moderator ignores that conversation and goes on. The forum owner is like a moderator who has complete control over what appears in their discussion page. I imitated others when I first came here by posting "Thank you for the invitation" or "Great information". I was new and did what I saw others do. Imitation in that case was a poor choice.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!