Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: One Child At A Time
5/12/2008 3:30:29 PM

Its all about Making A Difference!

Zig Zigler said, You can have whatever you want in life if you just Help enough Other people get what They want."

When I joined My Power Mall it was about making money.  Then I realized it was so much more than that.  It was about Making A Difference in my life by doing something that made me feel good about myself and what I was doing and even more importantly in the lives of others.

I joined and created Terry's Shamrocks & Hearts Mall ... then my husband joined and Merv's Miracle Mall was created.  I understand the concept YOU CAN'T OUTGIVE THE UNIVERSE, so I created  Shamrocks & Hearts Foundation.  This means all earnings from the Shamrock & Hearts Foundation Mall will go to making donations wherever they may be needed.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world: indeed its the only thing that ever has!" ~Margaret Mead~

Join a TEAM whose goal is MAKING A DIFFERENCE!

Shamrocks & Hearts Foundation

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/28/2008 12:06:38 PM
Isn't this the kind of world you would want to live in?  Isn't this the kind of world you DESERVE to live in.  Isn't this the kind of world you would want your children and their children to grow up in? 

MPM and the Shamrocks & Hearts Foundation is a step in this direction ... Be a part of the creating a world that can be! 

Only you will know the immense sense of satisfaction knowing you are a part of something that is BIGGER than anyone could have imagined!

This may be the most important decision you will ever make in your life!  The decision to Make A Difference ... ONE CHILD AT A TIME!

Dream With Me

A Kingdom without hunger
Without greed
And economic slavery;

Where The People of Life
Flourish, prosper and nourish
The Spirit that is Man;

Where skies open with greater
Understanding;

And The Children of all Lands
Across The Kingdom are passed
The Torch of Life - burning bright
With Peace.
~E. Laurence Bake~

+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/1/2008 12:56:29 PM

Come and meet Phoebe! 

Phoebe Nasiwa

Phoebe Nasiwa

Phoebe was born in a humble two room mud hut in Kitwekyango, Uganda. The second of two daughters, she was raised by her older sister while her mother cared for her father while he died of AIDS. Phoebe doesn't remember her father as she was only a toddler when he died. When Phoebe's sister turned 16, she left the family and enrolled in the police academy, leaving Phoebe to care for her mother who was then growing weaker and weaker from AIDS and TB. In December 2005, the village Pastor saw the severity of Phoebe's situation and she was chosen to become part of the GCCI (Glory Children's City International) project. In January 2006, Phoebe was enrolled in school for the first time in her life. Ironically, Phoebe's home sits on land adjacent to the school. Phoebe says it was the happiest day of her life.

Barefoot and in a second-hand uniform, Phoebe started school and has worked hard at her academic achievements. She continued to care for mother, do the cooking, wood gathering, laundry and water fetching everyday after school. The food rations provided by GCCI were enough to feed both Phoebe and her mother.

In April 2007, Phoebe was chosen to be part of the GCCI Children's choir, Sifa Africa. She traveled with the choir to Kampala, the capital of Uganda, for four weeks to participate in the recording of their first CD, Avi Katonda. When Phoebe returned home she found her mother very near death and in the care of a village lady. Phoebe cared for her mother over the next four months while her mother died a slow, painful, and humiliating death.

Phoebe is now cared for by other villagers while she waits for the GCCI project to open where she will become part of a home with a mother and 9 other siblings.

When you ask Phoebe what she wants to do with her life, she replies that she wants to be a doctor so she can "stop people from dying." She has seen a lot of death because in the village where Phoebe lives, 80% of the population has died of AIDS.

Glory Children's City International (GCCI) is a group of more than 30 people who joined together in 2005 to make life better for a group of orphans in Masaka, Uganda. All of the officers and board members are volunteers. Administrative supplies, time, and all items needed for the GCCI project are donated by the board and other members. This is a program where 100% of the funding and resources go directly to the children.

Every purchase made on MY POWER MALL helps us feed, clothe and provide schooling for Phoebe.

We may not be able to help every child,

but together we can help

One-Child-At-A-Time.

Decadent ... Forbidden Pleasures found here!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!