Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: One Child At A Time
11/24/2007 9:21:29 PM

Hi Terry,

I am ready to go ballistic with MPM - I am shopping on line and am passing my link to all of my friends who will be shopping on line as well.

It should be an exciting time, and the rewards are HUGE - especially when the investment is at total of 0.

Shop My Power Mall!!

+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2007 1:10:35 PM

My Power Mall is going BALLISTIC, Judy!  See who our next Child In Need is.

Phoebe Nasiwa

Phoebe Nasiwa

Phoebe was born in a humble two room mud hut in Kitwekyango, Uganda. The second of two daughters, she was raised by her older sister while her mother cared for her father while he died of AIDS. Phoebe doesn't remember her father as she was only a toddler when he died. When Phoebe's sister turned 16, she left the family and enrolled in the police academy, leaving Phoebe to care for her mother who was then growing weaker and weaker from AIDS and TB. In December 2005, the village Pastor saw the severity of Phoebe's situation and she was chosen to become part of the GCCI (Glory Children's City International) project. In January 2006, Phoebe was enrolled in school for the first time in her life. Ironically, Phoebe's home sits on land adjacent to the school. Phoebe says it was the happiest day of her life.

Barefoot and in a second-hand uniform, Phoebe started school and has worked hard at her academic achievements. She continued to care for mother, do the cooking, wood gathering, laundry and water fetching everyday after school. The food rations provided by GCCI were enough to feed both Phoebe and her mother.

In April 2007, Phoebe was chosen to be part of the GCCI Children's choir, Sifa Africa. She traveled with the choir to Kampala, the capital of Uganda, for four weeks to participate in the recording of their first CD, Avi Katonda. When Phoebe returned home she found her mother very near death and in the care of a village lady. Phoebe cared for her mother over the next four months while her mother died a slow, painful, and humiliating death.

Phoebe is now cared for by other villagers while she waits for the GCCI project to open where she will become part of a home with a mother and 9 other siblings.

When you ask Phoebe what she wants to do with her life, she replies that she wants to be a doctor so she can "stop people from dying." She has seen a lot of death because in the village where Phoebe lives, 80% of the population has died of AIDS.

Glory Children's City International is a group of more than 30 people who joined together in 2005 to make life better for a group of orphans in Masaka, Uganda. All of the officers and board members are volunteers. Administrative supplies, time, and all items needed for the GCCI project are donated by the board and other members. This is a program designed for 100% funding and resources to go directly to the children.

Every purchase made on MY POWER MALL helps us feed, clothe and provide schooling for Phoebe.

My Power Mall 

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2007 4:20:35 PM

These kids, and the help we can bring there way is worth Shoppin' 'Til we Drop!!!

Sign up everyone, and do all of your on-line shopping here.  This is so worthwhile!!!  Making a difference really does feel great!!!

Click here for Terry's link!

MPMbanner.jpg picture by jnsmith_bucket

+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/4/2007 1:30:40 PM

Judy you are so right!  My Power Mall is one of the most worthwhile programs I've ever seen created on the net!  I absolutey love it.  It isn't so much about earning an income even though the potential is there to create a substantial one for those who want it, as it is about Making A Difference in the lives of the Special Needs Children who receive our support through the purchases we make.  lol ... it doesn't matter if its $1 or $100 or $1,000 it all goes towards that helping child.

Deo Lubega

Deo Lubega

Deo Lubega is just 12 years old but he is the head of his household. Instead of concentrating on his studies and playing with friends, he is busy caring for his 5, 2 and 1 year old siblings.

When Deo was 4 years old his father was forced to leave his family because he had AIDS. In the small village of Kitwekyangovu villagers shun AIDS victims and exile them from their homes. Deo's father has since died. Deo's mother was pregnant and caring for a toddler when his father was forced to leave. Once the youngest was weaned, she also abandoned her children because she, too, had AIDS. She left in order to spare her children from the shunning of the village.

Deo's maternal grandmother assumed responsibility for the children and turned to begging in order to feed them. When Deo turned 6 his grandmother's health began to fail and he not only assumed the care of his three siblings, but also his grandmother.

Even in her poor health, Deo's grandmother showed him how gather and cook roots and ground nuts in order to feed the struggling family. An aunt comes by several times a year to check in on the children. She plans to take the two youngest children to live with her once the grandmother dies.

Deo was chosen by the GCCI project in December 2005 and has been able to attend school and receive food through their program ever since. His day begins at 4:00 am as he must care for his siblings and grandmother before walking the 6 kilometers (3.7 miles) to school. After school, Deo gathers firewood on the way home which he balances on his head while carrying two 3-gallon jugs of water. Although he is 12 years old, Deo weighs only 55 pounds.

Deo looks forward to moving to the GCCI project upon its completion. He will be sad when his grandmother dies, but he hates to see the crippling pain she is in from years of malnutrition and lack of calcium in her diet.

If you ask him what he wants to do, Deo will tell you that he wants to come to the United States and bring "all the Americans to Uganda to help orphans" like himself.

Glory Children's City International (GCCI) is a group of more than 30 people who joined together in 2005 to make life better for a group of orphans in Masaka, Uganda. All of the officers and board members are volunteers. Administrative supplies, time, and all items needed for the GCCI project are donated by the board and other members. This is a program designed for 100% funding and resources to go directly to the children.

Every purchase made on MY POWER MALL helps us feed, clothe and provide schooling for Deo.

We may not be able to help every child,

but together we can help

One-Child-At-A-Time.

Join Judy and I in MAKING A DIFFERENCE

TOGETHER, WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD

One Shopper at a time ... one child at a time

Shop My Power Mall!!

+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/19/2008 4:35:30 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY POWER MALL!

The One-Child-At-A-Time program that receives 6% of MPM profits have benefited all the previous children shown plus Robert & David!

WAY TO GO GINNY DYE & MY POWER MALL TEAM!

David Obule

Robert Kayikia

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!