Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Mythology Behind Global Warming
4/14/2007 4:27:09 AM
Dave, While you are mostly right, you are also wrong. Like it or not, Ice Cores which show the amount of pollutents in our air over the last 100,000 years PROVE WE HUMANS ARE RESPONSIBLE for MORE OF IT NOW than at ANY other TIME in the last 100,000 years. And Dave, why do you think the slowing of the North Atlantic Current is happening? It is because the fresh water from the melting ice burgs is disrupting it. Yes. Global Warming WILL cause a Mini-Ice age AFTER it floods a LOT of the low lying areas of the world.. Dave, like it or not, it makes NO difference about what happened years in the past as the worlds population is many times larger now and more people are in low lying areas which will be adversly effected by Global Warming. People who say we humans have no effect on GW are WRONG and the idiots who say humans are totally responsible for it are also wrong. WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ABOUT THIRTY PERCENT (30%) OF IT AND IT WILL BE A PROBLEM. Next, Why do "Conseratives" have this big problem with spending money to make things as "green" as possible? The money spent goes to businesses who hire people and spend money on products. It ALL Drives the economy. Businesses which hae gone green have reduced their operating costs. DAVE, THE FACTS ARE GLOBAL WARMING IS HAPPENING AND IT WILL CAUSE THE WORLD A LOT OF PROBLEMS! JUST WAIT AND SEE! TIME WILL PROVE ME RIGHT! (Just as it ALWAYS HAS in the past!) Neil
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/14/2007 4:30:22 AM
Hi Joe, Your answer is much too brilliant for people to accept! The aluminum lobby in Washington, London and Ottawa would scream long and loud.. And what about the pipe manufacturers who make all the pipe to feed the water to the plants that make both aluminum and over-sugared, nutritionally worthless convenience foods and beverages?? If these industries were to end, well... what would happen to the economy? The oil industry would lose billions if we stopped using plastic, not to mention the fact that if would drastically reduce the number of transport trucks and tankers on the disintegrating asphalt highways.... "Let's just drink water!" he says... LOL! It's a GREAT idea, Joe. Now we just have to find some that isn't chlorinated or fluorinated! God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/14/2007 5:03:23 AM
Hi Darryl, Thank you for the link! That is most interesting and also strongly backs up the research I've been doing over the years in my spare time. I would suggest to readers who are skeptical about the video to also do a little serious digging into the Kyoto model (Google that for a start.) While the evidence for a warming trend at this present time (over the last 100 years) seems to be something that we have very little control over. (which certainly doesn't mean we should stop trying to clean up our act.) God bless, Dave
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/14/2007 5:07:15 AM
NEIL S. Yes, the moon effects our tides and our earth NOW. Some day, in the far distant future, it will not as it will be too far away. It USED to be a LOT closer to earth than it now. The moon is moving away from the earth at about one inch a year. While that does not sound like much, it mounts up. Like a million years is a million inches. NO, the planets do NOT have ANY effect our environment. And the fact Saturn and Mars may be closer now than in the past, have NO effect on our environment. Neil R.
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/14/2007 5:21:43 AM
Hi Neil, We are more in agreement than you think, my friend. I do not dispute the fact that humans are responsible for pollution. I also do not dispute the fact that the climate seems to be warming up. In fact, due to research that I had done from a different angle, I expected temperatures to rise at an increasing rate due to the decreased refrigeration effect of the shrinking ice fields. This, you quite correctly state, helps to cause the north Atlantic current to slow, as it dumps an ever increasing amount of cold, fresh water into the ocean. Human activity can contribute to a faster melt down of the ice sheets from particulate fallout (pollutants that fall on the ice and absorb heat), but it is inevitable that the ice will continue to melt at an accelerating rate as its cooling effect decreases, regardless of whether we continue to pollute or not. To that, if you add in changes in the effects of the sun, you also bring in two more factors - extra heat from the sun, and extra moisture in the lower atmosphere. From that, you also end up with an increase in precipitation, which again adds to the slowing of the north Atlantic current, and eventually, can cause an increase in glaciation at higher altitudes and latitudes, which, of course, if it continues long enough, could result in mini ice ages at least in certain areas of the world. Having made these statements, I do not suggest for one second that it's OK to pollute our environment! In fact, it is utter folly to do so. The consequences of pollution are not something way off in the future that we might think we can ignore for a while, but they are right here, killing us right now! We SHOULD be doing all we can to go green, and then, perhaps, we would finally see a reduction in all the chronic and eventually fatal illnesses that are so prevalent in our modern society. Keep on working toward a greener day, Neil. It's worth the effort. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!