Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adland Friends Remembered
11/18/2007 5:05:07 AM

Michael,

Thank you for your posting.

My work as a Hypnotherapist puts me in front of many people with relationship problems, it's fascinating and sad. It is lovely to resolve such issues and I would love to spend some time with Shirley but a few thousand miles makes it difficult however, a lot can be acheived by honest dealings with friends.

You are on EXACTLY the right track. Keep old friends before making new ones.

I learned that many years ago in business. My Managing Director was brilliant at getting new customers but neglected existing ones and started losing them. I made my task as Production Director one of looking after my OLD cutomers, kept them happy and INFORMED.

My tip.

SOMETHING is better than NOTHING.

Do a preset reply such as this, copy and paste it WHEN YOU REALLY HAVE TO. It is awful to have to do BUT it is MUCH BETTER THAN NOT REPLYING. We all have time issues.

''Hello my good friend. I am aware that I owe you a reply or indeed a contact and if the matter is REALLY IMPORTANT to you, please let me know. I am glad to say that as a successful human being I have many friends and the demands of friendship can be heavy.

At this moment in time I find myself overstretched and to contact you briefly would be to do you an injustice. Please remind me soon if I don't contact you either to answer your questions or to just make friendly contact. YOU are a friend and as such are important to me.

This is a pre-prepared statement BUT I MEAN EVERY WORD. You are special to me.

Roger''

It's not the best solution, but it is much better than losing touch as long as you believe it.

Yes Michael, keep doing what you're doing.

I was VERY touched by your sensitive reply to Shirley. I wanted to say so much more but a forum is not the best place.

If I can help Shirley from here you can be assured I will.

Your friend,

Roger

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2007 2:15:27 AM
Thank you so much Roger,
  There are so many people that fit into Shirley's category.  She began responding to other people's forum today and told me that it felt good.  I told her that it was my intention to help her feel good and therefore accomplished that particular mission.  This morning a friend invited us over for early Thanksgiving Dinner.  Shirley said that I would call them back.  When I woke, she told me about the call, suggested I call and let them know that we couldn't make it.  I'm glad that I like scrambled eggs.  Very long story short I blew up.  I told her to stop hiding in her world and join the real world for a change.  We had a great time, she thanked me for making her go, and began responding to friends at AdlandPro Community.  It was an emotion that I did not want to display, however when you truly LOVE someone, it becomes necessary at times to crack the shell that they are living in and introduce them to reality.  We all know what reality does, however once the Hoover is finished doing it's job, the area is much cleaner than it was.  Tomorrow morning she has a forty-five minute MRI.  Once she has overcome that hurtle, her mind may begin to allow her to calm down.  Life is a very big mind game, and when we condition our minds to believe what we want it to believe, our gray sky can actually show a tint of gray to us.  Therefore, even though her friends have told her in the past that they cared, her mind was saying otherwise.  This time, her friends, (with my help) gave her a touch of reality which rattled her mind back to the real world.  I love to joke and laugh, however I also can determine what is funny and what is serious.   A few years ago, I was given an aptitude test to determine what job was tailor made for me.  The results of the test showed that the job best suited for me would be that of a Mental Health Councelor.  The one that gave me the test, had me take it over and the results were the same.  She called me into her office, shook her head, sighed and told me that the second test came back stronger than the first one and she could not understand why.  I should point out at this time that the test was given at a Mental Health Institution where I was committed for a nervous breakdown.  I laughed and told her that I could understand it perfectly.  "You have to be Nuts to have a job like yours!"  She kicked me out of her office.
  In time, Shirley will listen, however right now she is just at the beginning of her long journey back.  The responses that she has gotten from people for posting her Birthday for Carla forum has been encouraging to her, an I thank those that have responded because she is beginning to feal better about herself.
  The reason that people leave and post forums that are negative in nature are simply because they do not want to believe that they have done anything wrong but rather that their friends are to blame.  It is much easier (because the pen is mightier than the sword), to attack cyber friends than it is to attack a friend face to face.  We will both be more active in the community because as I have told Shirley, it's not just her.  We have both been guilty of ignoring those that have supported us.  Isn't it strange how the word ignore can be stretched out to ignorance?  I do hope that others that share the feelings that Shirley had  will take notes on how to improve on themselves by being more compassionate towards others because after all we , each and every one of us with like to have others feel compassionate towards us.  Lean on me.  I won't fall.  If I do, make sure you have some bandages handy.
  "Hello my good friend."  Yes. There are many that I have lost touch with and would like to re-aquint myself with, so if you do come into this forum, send me a PM.  If I have never met you, that's no problem.  Contact me anyway.  Tears of laughter are so much more enjoyable then tears of sorrow.  If you have gone down the path that I have, you know that you would much rather reach out to one who understands rather then slash out at those that don't.  Too often we slash out at those that are reaching out to us, so we have to re-adjust our brains so that we know the difference. I apologize for making this response so long, however, in conclusion I will leave you with a quote from the Greatest President that the United States of America ever had because his visions were way beyond his time.  This quote can apply hear, if you take it in the right context.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country."

O.K.  I guess it's time for me to swing out of here

God Bless You

MIKE

http://countryvalues65.tripod.com
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2007 12:13:32 PM
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2007 2:27:27 PM

Thanks Thomas,

They sure had me fooled.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2007 3:26:55 PM

Bless you Michael,

We keep passing each other.

I have just posted in Shirleys Forum and also sent a PM, then I saw this.

We need to be closer friends.

We can help Shirley and a whole load more with our concern and practicality.

I will catch up soon.

I will leave you with our Winston Churchills words in reply to you Presidential contribution

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP.

Winston S. Churchill

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!