Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S FRIDAY AT TGAMM TIME FOR THIS WEEKS FLYING RHINO AWARD
3/23/2007 1:21:06 PM

Hi Joe D,

Good to hear from you again.  Thanks so much for the Congratulations, and thanks for being such a Great Friend.

Yes, I have been known to play a few rounds, now & then.  Matter of fact, I was over at the Clubhouse just the other day, just for a bite of Lunch,  when a  large truck pulled up outside, and a small man climbed down, opened the cab and pulled out one of the largest set of clubs that any of us had ever seen.  He then went to the back of the trailer which he was towing behind his truck, opened the doors, and led a 6ft tall Gorilla by a leash down out of the bed of the trailer.  Together, this unlikely pair approached the Clubhouse.

Our Club Pro, somewhat alarmed by what was happening, ran out to meet them, and the rest of us, being curious, followed closely behind.  It seemed that the two were touring the Country, giving Golf Exhibitions, to raise money for endanged Wildlife back home in Uganda.  For traveling money, they often stopped at smaller local Clubs for Challenge Matches with the local Club Pro, for $500 per Round, winner take all.

Being somewhat sure of himself, the local Pro readily accepted, and everyone proceeded to the first tee, where the local Pro teed off first, hitting a respectable Drive, just short of 300 yards down the Fairway.

The Mountain Gorilla was then led to the Tee, where he addressed the ball, and proceeded to smash a 375 yard Drive, splitting the Fairway dead center, and landing on the Green, 4 feet from the cup.

Completely crushed by this amazing shot, the Club Pro pulled out 5 crisp $100 bills, handed them to the trainer, and conceeded the game, and offered the pair some refreshments at the Clubhouse.

As we were returning to the Clubhouse, our local Pro turned to the young man and said, "I just have to ask, how does he Putt?"

With a big grin the young man replied, "Just like he Drives, 375 yards, right down the center.".

Keep Smiling, They'll Always Wonder What You're Up To.

Have A Blessed Day My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2007 1:29:34 PM
Hi My Friend.

First congratulations on the Flying Rhino award.

Then, Happy Birthday.
Have a great weekend.
Nan
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2007 1:31:06 PM

Hi Sharon,

Thank you so much for coming by and for the Kind Thoughts and Congratulations.

Thanks also for all the wonderful Posts. You often leave me with Inspiration, many times, you leave me with a Smile, and always, you leave me with an Uplifted Spirit.

God Bless You My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Natalya Restivo

703 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/23/2007 2:04:20 PM

Hi Joe, thank you for your wonderuf job!

Hi Phil,

And

It's nice to see you featured, as you deserve this award.

You are a very special friend who encourages people, treats them with love and respect.

Thank you for being a wonderful friend!

God bless you,

Natalya

NEWAYS: Products For Men's and Women's Health
              www.ineways.com/covina

NEWAYS HEALTHY HOMES: http://www.ineways.com/covina
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2007 2:34:39 PM

Hi Geketa,

Thanks for stopping by and and Thank You so much for the Warm Thoughts and Congratulations.

Your Smile is Infectuous and Your Words are Inspiring.  I always look forward to your posts.  I am Proud that you are my Friend.

God Bless You,

Phil

+0