Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Goji Juice Slapped by CBC
2/4/2007 5:51:58 PM
Hi everyone, CBC, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, has recently aired a program on Goji juice, specifically targeting Freelife and their flagship product, known as Himalayan Goji Juice: http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2007/01/goji.html The program asks some serious questions about the validity of and research behind many of the claims being made about the health benefits of this great tasting juice blend. While many may simply say that CBC has an axe to grind, or subscribe to the conspiracy theories that big drug companies are trying to suppress anything that might cut into their profits (note: CBC is taxpayer funded - they will survive if they get NO advertising dollars), a simple search online will show that there IS no real, unbiased research that specifically backs up the many claims being made. (Have any of its distributors really done their due diligence?) As a FreeLife member, I have received rather weak rebuttals via email. One of them points out that the lab results from the sample taken in by CBC does not recognize the "special" polysaccharides present in Goji juice. Instead, the results concentrate on standard nutrition tests, which deal mainly with vitamin and mineral content. However, once again, the usefulness of the polysaccharides has not been proven at this time, so the claims being made about them are at the very least, legally false. Furthermore, it was discovered that several of the things that most users and distributors believe to be present in high concentration in the juice are, in fact, not present in the juice at all, but only in the berries. The fact is, I've done a lot of digging, have not found one unbiased study on ANY product that would make me run out and buy it, and have never actively marketed Goji, although I have used it and have seen it apparently do wonders for some people. I have also used a noni product with what seemed to be great results for myself, but again, have not found enough good research to warrant actively marketing it. The universal problem with all the nutritional products being marketed via MLM today is that none of them have had enough research done to back up the claims that are being made about them. Also, they are generally very expensive for being so unproven. I cannot market nutritional products in good conscience at this time, as they are overhyped, expensive, and under researched. It's quite unfortunate that so many people are pinning both their financial and health hopes on what might just be very expensive juice. I am hesitant to blow the whistle on any one product, because some people ARE getting well, they believe, by using these products, and while it could (and probably is, in most cases) a matter of the power of the mind, if it works for them for any reason, they should be allowed to continue to enjoy the benefits. Furthermore, everyone is different, and some of these many products may, indeed, do something for certain people, possibly by supplying some user-specific nutrient that is missing from their diets. That does NOT mean we can make any claims for the masses based on the results of a few. On a personal note, I will not make any claims about them until and unless they are proven to be true. God bless, Dave
+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Goji Juice Slapped by CBC
2/4/2007 6:03:29 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info, I have had too many invites to try this what can I call it Gobi juices.  Yes there are lots of them out there all after your money and GOBING OFF telling you that so and so has got better or can make love for longer or got rid of his piles or acne and a load of over stuff it can do for you!

Personally I don't think anyone needs the stuff, just go and get some vitamin pills or a good vitamin C cordial.  I personally think people get caught up in the hype because they hope to make a good living from it, or they had got a garage full of the stuff and can't shift it.

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/4/2007 6:11:21 PM

Hi Dave,

I agree wholeheartedly with all that you say here.

European laws have got so strict over nutritional stuff that I have noticed that not a lot of the USA based nutritional products are penetrating the market in the UK.

It is, as you say, a shame that people can't continue with what might be a case of self-talk but on the other hand we do need reasonable protection.

I am having the same problem with a fuel conditioning pill which I have PROVED to MY SATISFACTION (seen emissions tests done) but cant get government, media or local government here in UK to acknowledge. Why? I suspect again the fuel lobby/vested interests of MP's here.

Hope the marketplace sorts the problem as I am sure there are still good products out there that just need more research but also some medicine doctors as well.

Roger

+0
John Rivera

1329 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/4/2007 7:32:45 PM

HI ALL

HERE is a decent site where the owner gives current and older information about Jungle Juices and other internet programs that might be considered scams and or are being investigated by the FEDS.  http://www.mlmwatchdog.com

The most Recent ones being BUSTED & Investigated are listed below:

Amway & Free Life Busted

Bio Performance (BP) settle with Texas A.G........   AND

ENIVA's VIBE BUSTED BY MSNBC

GO to this site for More detailed info:

http://www.mlmwatchdog.com

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/4/2007 11:46:07 PM

Hello Dave

In marketing 101, if you have something to sell, there is always a buyer!

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!