Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Arts and Craft Fairs - Good places to buy and sell?
2/11/2007 9:21:20 AM

Hi Rosalind,

Thank you for your kind words! What a good question. Depending on the design, I sand the beads with three different grits of sandpaper, then buff them, then glaze them. I have used floor polish and that works great, but I prefer to use varathane.

Denise

Live With Passion...
+0
2/11/2007 12:19:15 PM
Hi Jenny - found the pix, but when I tried to copy & paste in the reply panel (here) I just get an advice that my Mozilla Security settings will not let me use this facility and which directs me to an exorbitantly lengthy URL.

Visiting this is an instant headache job for a non-techie like me and comes replete with techno-babble about a mile long - with not one English word that I am able to recognise (except the usual, and dreaded - 'all you do is........'), which never works for simple old me.

Anyone out there to tell me if it is possible to simply cut and paste like with every other facility I use?  Otherwise to your total devastation I am sure - you will regrettably remain CARtoon-less.

Many thanks

Norm
Norm Clark
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/11/2007 3:03:56 PM
Hi Norman

Hah! - well here we have a case of the blind leading the blind!  HOWEVER what I do is upload my photos onto my own server for my web site with an ftp programme for idiots that I have! 

If you cant do this - you can upload them on
www.photobucket.com
as per Denise's post on page 11 of this forum.  and you can of course go to Rose's forum for further instructions.

We do have to have our photos url'd to post them as far as I can see though sometimes i have been able to cut and paste using the edit on the main toolbar of my browser.

Please dont give up - we want to see your cartoons on Rose's Artshow!
Where there's a will there's a way!  I used to have Proud to be a Computer Klutz in my sig - before I ran out of space (other people have loads! lol)

Love
Jenny

p.s.  IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO POST PHOTOS WITHOUT A URL LINK - PLEASE HELP US!!!
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/18/2007 6:45:02 AM
Hi  All,

Spring is on it's way and Easter just round the corner.  That means that for many of us the "season" has now begun.   

Does anyone out there have news of forthcoming Arts and Crafts Fairs that they would like to share with their friends?

Saludos
Jenny

+0
3/19/2007 2:37:55 AM

Hi Jenny,

sorry we got cut off the other day, but this is happening rather too frequently here with the new Wanadoo owners - even though I have a 24/7 account with them!

Anyway, I have just got an idea that could be interesting to other crafty workers, and I am now trying it out.

As you know I publish my Poster Books through Lulu (http://www.lulu.com/norman-clark) and although the maximum size of a book is around the A4 size, it suddenly dawned on me that I could produce a colour book with my own pix (CARtoons, Racing Cars etc) each to take a full page.  Full colour pages costs 15 cents each with Lulu plus a cover charge of about 4 dollars - cover as in book jacket that is.

Now, here in France copies of old ads., sell for about 12 euros each.

My idea is to produce a book of say 50 of my images, then cut the pages to sell the prints separately at say 2-3 euros each.  As I mentioned before we don't exactly have Arts & Craft Fairs here but we do have a long season of Brocantes and Puces (Antique Fairs and Flea Markets).

The trick will be to see what sort of prints would be acceptable, so I have also included a lot of my old work of Castles of the Perigord, and my own re-works of a lot of classic posters - and even my own productions of posters in the old styles.

I pass the idea along to others who might just be looking for an alternative to actually selling - or trying to sell original artwork only.

All the best,

Norm

Norm Clark
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!