Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Troubleshooting-Situations in Adlandpro
12/26/2006 12:30:19 PM
This thread will require thinking and planning. Join if you are willing to devote some time and energy....even posting more than once. This will ensure a contribution to building a good strong community. ******************************************************** Troubleshooting is a form of problem solving. It is the systematic search for the source of a problem so that it can be solved. Troubleshooting is often a process of elimination - eliminating potential causes of a problem. Usually troubleshooting is applied to something that has suddenly stopped working, so the first focus, or concentration of attention, should be on what has changed. However, care must be used to not jump to false conclusions of causality — correlation does not always mean cause. A basic principle in troubleshooting is to start from the simplest and most probable possible problems first. This is illustrated by the old saying "When you see hoof prints, look for horses, not zebras", or to use another maxim, use the KISS principle. This principle results in the common complaint about help desks or manuals, that they sometimes first ask: "Is it plugged in and does that receptacle have power?", but this should not be taken as an affront, rather it should serve as a reminder or conditioning to always check the simple things first before calling for help. I called an electrician once only to find out a fuse needed to be changed. DUH???? Further steps in troubleshooting are to check each component in a system one by one, and to substitute known good components for any suspect ones. It also helps to start from a known good state, the best example being a computer reboot. A common cause of problems is bad design, for example bad human factors design, where a device could be inserted backward or upside down due to the lack of an appropriate forcing function (behavior-shaping constraint), or a lack of error-tolerant design. This is especially bad if accompanied by habituation, where the user just doesn't notice the incorrect usage, for instance if two parts have different functions but share a common case so that it isn't apparent on a casual inspection which part is being used. Troubleshooting can also take the form of a systematic checklist, troubleshooting procedure or table that is made before a problem occurs. Developing troubleshooting procedures in advance allows sufficient thought about the steps to take in troubleshooting and organizing the troubleshooting into the most efficient troubleshooting process. Troubleshooting tables can be computerized to make them more efficient for users. TROUBLE IN ADLANDPRO???? If you have read this far then let's move on. Do you perceive that we have a problem here at Adlandpro? This is the most important question. Is there a problem or is this just an excuse for the way this site works....many people visiting never to return. Have we lost good members through any fault of what happens here in our community? Do we loose members with continuous forums/threads with little value or merit bombarding our mailboxes? Have you ever opened a post of a respected person which was smut??? Have you ever wanted to leave Adlandpro and why? What made you decide to stay? Have you been scammed? How and Why? What can we do to prevent further problems by dishonest marketers? Do you think members need some guidelines and how can that be accomplished. SOLUTIONS: This is the most important part of this thread. For every problem solutions can be sought. Remember: It is easy to enter Adlandpro so there is no guarentee of who or what we might meet. Under no circumstances do we wish to undercut the administaration of Adlandpro who value free speech. ******************************************************* We are looking for serious minded business people who are seeking networking friends. Not a member of Adlandpro...join today: http://community.adlandpro.com/registeruser.aspx?ref=mahofst ********************************************************
+0
Re: Troubleshooting-Situations in Adlandpro
12/26/2006 12:47:37 PM
Hello Mary,

You bring up a fantastic topic.

I would like to start, if I may, with asking each member what is AdlandPro to them.

What is the perception by each of you of what AdlandPro is about.

Kenneth R Sword Jr
http://www.bizzyblogz.biz

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2006 1:19:43 PM
Ken, Here is your answer: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/537453.aspx Is that one of our problems,we don't know about forums? Perhaps we continually post the same type of forums and finally people just get tried of rehashing the same things over and over. Now for a solution, Ken. Ball is in your court!!
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/26/2006 1:41:00 PM
Hi, Mary, How to quantify a feeling? As you know, I have stopped being a paid member of Adland and do not participate in much of what goes on unless it is totally removed from the marketing aspect. While I do understand that Adland is marketing related, I do not appreciate two aspects of marketing that were being used (to my mind) in excess. The first is the use of personal messages to promote a programme or product using no more than the same text I had already received into one of my email in boxes. The second was the (to my mind) creation of clique type splinter groups that were, supposedly, a part of Adland but, (to my mind) apart from it. There seemed to be plans to create things that could become self supporting and independent, using the facilities provided by Adland. It seemed to me that these splinter groups could become a threat to Adland by syphonning off the more active members. If you would like to see what I fear could happen to Adland, I invite you to visit Profit Messaging which, until a while ago, had the same aims and ideals as Adland. It is now no mre than a traffic exchange with the members simply spamming each other with exactly the same adverts that they receive from other promoters. I still see the danger of Adland going the same way. = = = = = = = = = = Maybe more attention should be paid, by those publishing adverts, to making their ads more personal and actually making any personal messages really personal by detailing how they, themselves, have used and benefitted from whatever they are advertising or promoting. When it comes to splinter groups, they should not be promoted with the facilities of Adland because, surprisingly enough, Adland is a community of like minded individuals. Let them be promoted on the web or separately from Adland. We should all be working to make Adland our very own, unique marketing centre where we can provide and exchange ideas. With close on 40,000 members, Adland should be force to be reckonned with. The fact that it isn't is more to do with a lack of a common song sheet than a lack of will.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/26/2006 1:56:56 PM
Arthur, Well spoken. ISSUE # 1 Some months ago there was a very personable message in which the person described their feelings of mistrust of a program, then they explained why they changed their mind. I believed it to be a persoanl message of real character. Low and behold 3 more, very same messages came FROM 3 OTHER PEOPLE. Now I knew the person(s) was not speaking from their heart. Solution? Anyone with an idea on this should post here as I sure don't see one. People will be people. Language barriers force people to copy and paste. All I can see is that we need to realize that Adlanpro members are just like what we find everywhere in the internet and not set ourselves up for believing everything we see and read. BE REALISTIC IN EXPECTATIONS OF TRUTHFULNESS IN ALL PRESENTATIONS. ISSUE 2--Splinter groups may use Adlandpro as a vehicle for recruiting and training their members. If they are then told to stay away from Adlandpro, they have been syphoned off. That would be free choice and we cannot control free will. I would disagree with your statement of being like minded as we are all very different. There is probably one of the big problems as we expect everyone to like, accept, and work with us. We have a group of friends and even that term can be misleading. Perhaps our expectations are too high when it comes to business freindships. Like all frienships, they come and go. They pout, they cry, they scream, they stomp off. Very good suggestion to make ads personal but be honest about it. When I receive multiple statements by several different people, credibility goes down the drain. Thanks for all your good points.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!