Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God does not throw us away just because we are not perfect
12/27/2006 11:23:28 AM

12/27/06-- I'm convinced that we can't go through life harbouring grudges against people; it's pointless. The Lord's Prayer, which is the prayer that Jesus taught his followers, says, "Forgive us our sins"—and this is from the Greek—"as we have already forgiven those who sin against us." Not "as we forgive those who sin against us," but "as we have already forgiven them." So we can't go to God until we have forgiven those who sin against us.

Someone once said, "I remember the night when I could finally pray, 'Lord Jesus, I forgive them for what they did to me.' Then I started saying, 'In the name of Jesus, please forgive me for harbouring murderous thoughts against them.' When I did that, I started to feel free from the hatred I was carrying towards them. It didn't have a hold over me anymore."

In order to hang on we have to let go!
Go make a blessed day by freeing yourself.

Mike

You can view Mike's Daily Blessings at http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God does not throw us away just because we are not perfect
1/3/2007 11:20:33 AM

A Norvell Note

Vol. 10 No. 01           January 1, 2007
A New Year
Father,

Give us a new year. Not just a new number, but a truly new year. Give us a year full of new things, new adventures, new attitudes, and visions. Lord, give us a new year full of new ideas and refresh some of our old ideas. Give us new relationships and renew old relationships, and restore relationships that have been broken.

Father, give us a new year. Give us a new song. Give us a new memory. Give us a new image of Your Son, and help us to show His image of those who are new to You. Give us new thoughts, new friends, and new things that replace the old worn-out things.

Father, give us a new year. The year that has just ended was difficult for some of us. There were struggles and frustrations and disappointments that we did not handle so well. Give us a better mentality and better spiritual insight that will help us deal with the struggles, frustrations and disappointments that will come in this New Year.

Father, give us a new year. Give us a year filled with new ministries, new opportunities, new voices, and new messages. Help us hold on to the old things that are worth holding, and help us let go of the old things that have served their purpose.

Father, give us a new year. Give us a year that is not controlled by fear. A year in which we are not afraid of people who are different. A year when we are not afraid of ideas that are new, of plans that are new, and places that are new.

Father, give us a new year. Give us a year filled with new love. A new love for You. A new love for each other. A new love for Your Kingdom. A new love for strangers. A new love for the helpless. A new love for the needy. A new love for poor. A new love for rich. A new love for all people.

Father, give us a new year. Help us put the old one to bed. Help us to leave the things of the past in the past. Help us look forward. Help us look beyond what we can see to what You have planned for us that we cannot see.  Help us move forward with confidence and courage and humility and gentleness.

Father, give us a new year. Help us, in this New Year to completely surrender to You and what You have planned for us in this year filled with new things.
Tom
A Norvell Note © Copyright 2006. Tom Norvell All Rights Reserved.          

I found I couldn't improve upon this enough to even try. Have a great day and even better year!

Papa, Mike
====================================================
A NORVELL NOTE is a weekly inspirational article
by Tom Norvell.

HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE?
It's FREE! To subscribe send a blank email to:
anorvellnote-subscribe@maillists.heartlight.org

To view Mike's Blessings, Please visit TheWoods at http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

We are very blessed to have Mike as a friend. Please post a Thank you for his inspirations.

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: BLESSINGS FROM MIKE BUMBALOUGH~A DEAR FRIEND.
1/11/2007 9:58:25 AM

Jesus said in Matthew 10:15, "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it {at} {all.}"
We may learn a great deal from children. Someone offered these suggestions on "becoming as children to enjoy life."
I regret that I couldn't determine how to insert the touching photos to go with each caption.

Sleep as much as you can...

Frown when you get upset...

Play with simple things...

Do whatever you want whenever you want...

Look for affection when you need it...

Get serious once in a while...

Forget about diets...

Show some affection...

Get angry once in a while...

Change your look...

Be happy, above all, regardless what your challenges may be... Have a great week! And as always, make an inspired day!

Mike

Inspirations from Mike Bumbalough. Mike is a dear friend and a Adlandpro member. This reading is from his post to The Woods Forum for Marketers. You can view ALL of Mike's Daily Blessings at http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2007 12:31:03 PM

Have you ever wondered why some affluent people are so prosperous despite their outright evil ways? I’m reminded of many throughout history that have promoted oppression of others. Saddam Hussein may be the most notable in our lifetime. He had seemingly priceless mansions and every luxury known to mankind. Yet, all around this evil dictator, his unwilling “subjects” lived in fear and without many of the necessities of life. You and I could make a very long list of such people. Then we might say something like, “this isn’t fair, I obey the law, treat others like I want to be treated and I still struggle just to make ends meet.”

I am of the belief that when those who are known as “saints” behave in ways unbecoming to a Godly life, they do at least as much harm to others. Sadly, there are those who appear as righteous and good people: some even proclaim to be faithful Christians, Jews, Catholics, Muslims or disciples of some other religion, yet they undermine the good name of other people. Gossip is a way of life for some that are perceived as good people. All types of churches have members that are lauded and applauded for their “good works.” They sometimes live double lives. They speak ill of their own and often do more damage than those condemning from the outside. Many “church going people” (some are even paid staff members) don’t even take their Christian ministry seriously enough to be on time. They show up late day after day and then put their compassionate “faces” on. These same individuals will be habitually late for their weekly “obligation” in worship to their God! All the while most of the congregation is ignorant of their slackness and lack of dedication. I even see them praised for their “great works.” How should we react to such behavior? As hard as it may be, we need first to pray for these people. Also, must not allow what others are doing hinder our efforts to be the best we can be.

I want to share with you a couple of things that help me each morning. I read or listen to comforting scriptures. One I especially don’t want to miss at the beginning of each day is Philippians 4:4-13. There are also songs that can lift you and me up and take our focus to more positive thoughts. One such song is an old, old favorite and it goes straight to the heart of what I’ve discussed today. Read the words carefully. Look in the mirror. If possible, listen to it often.

FARTHER ALONG

Tempted and tried we're oft' made to wonder
Why it should be thus all the day long
While there are others living about us
Never molested, though in the wrong

Farther along we'll know more about it
Farther along we'll understand why
Cheer up my brother live in the sunshine
We'll understand it all by and by

When death has come and taken our loved ones
Leaving our homes so lonely and drear
Then do we wonder how others prosper
Living so wicked year after year

Farther along we'll know more about it
Farther along we'll understand why
Cheer up my brother live in the sunshine
We'll understand it all by and by

Most, if not all of us, would agree as to what eternity holds for the Saddam Hussein’s of the world. “Vengeance is mine says the Lord.” However, on that great day of reckoning there will be great surprises for those Pharisaical “good people” that hear the Lord’s words, “depart from me, I never knew you.”

Finally friends, never, ever give up!

Make a blessed day,

Mike

You can view Mike's Daily Blessings at http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2007 12:22:26 PM

LESSONS FROM APACHE SEASONS

There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.

The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third Summer, and the youngest son in the fall.

When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen.
The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted.

The second son said no it was covered with green buds and full of
promise.

The third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled
so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen.

The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping
with fruit, full of life and fulfillment.

The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but only one season in the tree's life. He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are fulfilled.
If you give up when it's winter, you will miss the promise of your
spring, the Beauty of your summer, fulfillment of your fall.

Moral of the Lesson

Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of the rest.
Don't judge life by one difficult season.
Persevere through the difficult patches knowing that
Better times are sure to come some time

Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!

Live Simply.
Love Generously.

Care Deeply.

Speak Kindly.

Leave the Rest to God.

Happiness keeps You Sweet,
Trials keep You Strong,
Sorrows keep You Human,
Failures keep You Humble,