Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: BLESSINGS FROM MIKE BUMBALOUGH~A DEAR FRIEND.
1/14/2007 3:52:58 PM

Discovering God's plan for our lives is less about "finding God's will" than it is about following his voice.

From Making Ripples

Discovering God's plan for our lives is less about "finding God's will" than it is about following his voice. Often we want to know the blueprint—the details of our destiny. While God does reveal his overall plan for us through his Word, I've discovered that, if we'll listen, God also will lead us every day. He prompts us to do good things, kind things, right things, honest things, courageous things at every turn.
by Mike Breaux - Zondervan, Everday

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
May each of us put aside whatever may hinder us as we go about the Lord's Day with worship in our hearts and offered humbly to HIM!

Make a Blessed Day,
Mike Bumbalough

You can view Mike's Daily Blessings at http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2007 7:55:33 PM

Have you ever questioned how you actually feel about God? Do you know what you believe or just what you think or say you believe? Many people only know what they should believe. As creations of the Living God we have the ability to really and truly KNOW what we believe about the Almighty. Do you recall Jack Nicholson's famous line to Tom Cruise in the film "A Few Good Men?" He said, "You can't handle the truth." Do you and I want to know how we truly feel about God? Are we content with staying in the gray area? Can we handle the truth? Would we be happy seeing what God sees in us?

If we sincerely want to see what he sees we may be able to at least come very close. If willing, we are able to know what is in the depths of our hearts. When we suffer and take a deep look, watching how we react, we will get a glimpse into to reality where our hearts are concerned. Be still for a moment, during suffering, and ask yourself, "What is my attitude right now?" More than anything else in human life, troubled times reveals what we truly believe.

Our all knowing God addresses this through His revealed, written Word. There we find phrases like; "Rejoice in suffering" and "Welcome trials as friends." You may be saying, "Mike you are out of your mind. How can I rejoice in pain and suffering?" The apostle Paul said those very words in Colossians 1:24, "Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake..." Then another apostle and inspired writer, Peter, said "Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you, but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation" 1 Peter 4:12-13 (NASB).

Peter later tells us in chapter 5:6 to "humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time."

God knows that we can know what we're really made of through the condition of our hearts while enduring suffering. A good friend, Sharon G., has really been put to the test concerning this principle for many weeks now. Her husband, Wayne, was badly burned and is in the burn center ICU. Sharon admits she has been tested, yet what I hear from her is that at the end of the day she realizes that God has gotten them through one more day. She truly believes that just like precious metals are stronger after being perfected by intense fire, she and Wayne will come through the intense heat of suffering stronger in their faith.

I selfishly ask all prayerful people; please include Wayne and Sharon while you are remembering those close to you.

Bless and inspire someone today!
Mike

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2007 8:03:08 PM
Hello Sharon,

Thank you for introducing us Mike.
The articles are simple, easy to understand an very good.
Thank you for sharing.

Kindly Regard
Georgios
Ps Put a link to Mike's HopePAge in your initial post so we can invite him.

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2007 8:16:02 PM

Thank you Georgios, You are right. I did that just now.

Peace, Sharon

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2007 6:21:59 PM

A place where people are free whether they are black, white or yellow,

I Can See

A place where people are free whether they are black, white or yellow,

And no one says "Hey look at that strange fellow"!

A place where Mom and Dad stay home at night

And children never see their parents fight

A place where people care about each other

And everyone is treated like a brother

A place where everyone has enough to eat

With enough left over for an occasional treat

A place where the tiniest have the right to be born

And the elderly don't feel rejected and forlorn

A place where laughter can be heard

And people still believe God's word

A place where people still pray each day

And try their best to go the right way

I can see this place

(if only in my dreams)

Let's all work together to make this world a better place to live.
{unknown}

Some of you may even be able to remember when we didn't have to only dream of times like these. Now we know what parts of life the Golden Generation refers to as "The Good Ole Days." Its my feeling that the Golden Generation lived more closely to the Golden Rule than most of this generation. I challenge you to perform a random act of kindness today.

Make an Inspired Day!

Mike

Inspirations from Mike Bumbalough. Mike is a dear friend and a Adlandpro member. Please invite Mike to your friends list here:

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/papaof7/ 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!