Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: BLESSINGS FROM MIKE BUMBALOUGH~A DEAR FRIEND.
1/19/2007 9:46:56 AM

Todays Reading is: Apples of God. Inspirations from Mike Bumbalough.

Mike is a dear friend and a Adlandpro member. Please invite Mike to your friends list here:

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/papaof7/ 

The readings here are from his post to The Woods Forum for Marketers.

APPLES OF GOD

Each day is an opportunity to start all over again…to cleanse our minds and hearts anew and to clarify our vision. And let us not clutter up today with the leavings of other days.

Take yesterday’s worries and sort them all out
And you’ll wonder whatever you worried about;
Look back at the cares that once furrowed your brow
I fancy you’ll smile at most of them now.
They seemed terrible then, but they really were not;
For once out of the woods, all the fears are forgot.
Unknown

The Cure for Anxiety
25 "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27 "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 28 "And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30 "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31 "Do not worry then, saying, `What will we eat?' or `What will we drink?' or `What will we wear for clothing?' 32 "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own (Matthew 6:25-34).

Oh how I need this lesson. Maybe someone else reading this today needs to trust God in the same way that I need to.

Go now, put your worry aside, and give someone a blessing today.
Mike

You can view more of Mike's Daily Blessings at http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2007 11:59:47 AM
Hello Dear Adland Family- Greetings and welcome! As A Disciple Of Christ i write as well as share my Faith. Thanx Mike! Here's one for all-)Two old friends bumped into one another on the street one day. One of them looked forlorn, almost on the verge of tears. His friend asked, "What has the world done to you, my old friend?" The sad fellow said, "Let me tell you. Three weeks ago, an uncle died and left me forty thousand dollars." "That's a lot of money." "But you see, two weeks ago, a cousin I never even knew died, and left me eighty-five thousand, free and clear." "Sounds like you've been blessed .." "You don't understand!" he interrupted. "Last week my great-aunt passed away. I inherited almost a quarter of a million." Now he was really confused. "Then, why do you look so glum?" "This week .. nothing!" You don't understand! That's the trouble with receiving something on a regular basis. Even if it is a gift, we eventually come to expect it. Someone once suggested to me a way to test someone's character. Give him or her $5 a day for a month. Then stop and see what that person's reaction is. The natural tendency is that if we receive a gift long enough, we come to view it as an entitlement. We feel hurt, even angry, if we don't receive it any longer. It's the same way with the blessings God gives us every day. I don't deserve the comfortable home I live in, the beautiful scenery around me, the clean water that I drink. But after receiving these gifts and a multitude of others for years, I sometimes fail to be grateful. I've come to expect these good things. And when one of them is removed for a short while -- like the water being cut off -- I get upset. Make an effort today to recognize the blessings you've come to take for granted. Focus on what you have rather than on what you don't have, and see if it doesn't improve your attitude. Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! (Psalm 107:8)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2007 3:39:41 PM

Thomas, Thank you for this inspired post.

Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! (Psalm 107:8)

Peace Always, Sharon

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/20/2007 12:56:14 PM

Good Morning all my friends,

"God is to be seen in the light of a cottage window as well as in the sun or the stars."
Arthur G. Glutton-Brock

We can not confine God to various compartments in our lives. He is all-knowing, all-seeing and He is everywhere. We musn't try and limit Him and place Him in the "glove compartment" of our lives and take Him out whenever we have a need.

The Psalmist said, "I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

Too often we think of only these situations as wanting God around. No, we need Him at all times. I am reminded of the old Hymn, "I Need Thee Every Hour."

Today, and everyday, when you take that cup of coffee and glare out the window of your "cottage", see God there. Each task you perform today, take a second to look around you. God is there too.

Inspire someone else today and show them where they may see God.

Mike

Inspirations from Mike Bumbalough. Mike is a dear friend and a Adlandpro member. Please invite Mike to your friends list here:

You can view Mike's Daily Blessings at http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

+0
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/23/2007 10:45:10 AM

"I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." Martha Washington

Ouch, this one hits home. This morning as I lay, too long, in the comfort of my bed I started to think of how difficult it was going to be to make all the joints cooperate in the task of removing my aching body from the warmth of the blankets. This sort of thinking soon began to escalate into thoughts of “how bad I have it.” Mentally slapping myself in the face, I turned my thoughts to those whose plight was much worse than mine. I began talking to God and pleading with Him to grant a blessing of relief to those that have little hope of even getting out of bed today at all, even with assistance. Soon, I had a long list of people that I knew needed a special blessing just to get through today. Then I realized that there had been a number of people that I had “promised” to take before God’s throne and plead for mercy, hope and relief from their suffering. Even after I had finished my requests I felt there were so many more that need Him so badly. He remembers those I forgot.

God knows what we need even before we ask. He wants us to ask anyway. You see, He wants us to communicate with Him. He wants a relationship with us. No, He demands a relationship with us. After all, He is the creator of heaven, earth, you and me.

After finally humbling myself enough to ask God to forgive me for beginning the day feeling sorry for myself, I commanded each body part to work together and escape the cocoon of self pity.

With that victory won, I’m reminded of this line from Henry Ward Beecher; “Your greatest pleasure is that which rebounds from hearts that you have made glad.”

If you have enough strength to find this message today, be thankful and focus on assisting someone else to be made glad.

Make an inspiring day,

Mike

You can view Mike's Daily Blessings at http://www.TheWoods.phpbbnow.com

Inspirations from Mike Bumbalough. Mike is a dear friend and a Adlandpro member. Please invite Mike to your friends list here:

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!