Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: I'm curious. Have you lost money online?
2/7/2007 7:55:40 AM
Have I lost money online? HaHA! Actually I don't feel so bad now, after reading all the posts on this topic.

Well when I started trying to work from home, I too fell for the scams, both online and offline. Boy, I can't think of all the ways that I have failed, lol.

First endeavor, paid to click/paid email. I am sure there are some programs out there are great (cough) but I never found any of them. I used to read 100's of email a day, hoping to earn my penny. I thought if I read enough or clicked enough I could make at least a small amount. As you can see, my corvette is NOT in the driveway.

So, I thought, well maybe I should run my own paid to click/read site. So I (secretly) invested a small chunk of my husbands weekly paycheck (boy was he mad). This was again, a losing battle, and not to mention the headache's. It also took up more time than it would have, had I been working outside the home. And the most money I made was $7, wow, what a return. I spent most of my time advertising things that didn't work. I also traded ad for ad with other site owners. So most of my advertising was just trade.

I also tried Carleton Sheets real estate program, which ended up only draining my bank account. I only signed up for a $9.95 trial and was stupid and gave my bank information. When I tried to return the product, I was then charged the full amount for the product and as I was fighting it, I was charged monthly charges on the program. It got to the point that I had to completely close my bank account to stop the charges. I will have to credit my bank on that one, they suggested it, and then helped me to open another account.

I have since tried many things but I try to be cautious of the money required to do them. I am not financially able to be scammed too much, I don't think my five kids would understand that their supper was on the computer.

I am now working a couple of different things. I currently do editing and proof reading for a news company out of Austin Tx. I am also trying to build a website that will help me with some affiliate programs that I have come across. Also, I have been investigating clickbank to see if there is anything there I can work with. My main problem is advertising. I am not real good with talking to people, it takes a while for me to warm up to it. I think this is one of my worst demons, lol.

Only time will tell with this endeavor.
Dodie Network - Network - Network! http://bizpreneur.com/signup.php?refer=dodiewayne My Parenting Blog http://www.afamilyfullofteens.blogspot.com/ Free List Builder - Great Tool! http://www.desktoplightning.com/dodiewayne 100% Free Business
+0
2/25/2007 5:06:16 PM
So would you recommend fortebuilder.com ?
+0
2/25/2007 5:06:27 PM
So would you recommend fortebuilder.com ?
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/26/2007 9:58:41 PM
Never heard of them before myself.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!