Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE EARLY RENAISSANCE - FRA FILIPPO LIPPI
5/5/2013 2:20:16 AM
Dear friends, one of Filippo Lippi's most gratifying works was this Annunciation painted for the Martelli Chapel in the Medici church of San Lorenzo in Florence, Italy. According to sources, the altarpiece with its fine predella is still in the same place for which it was painted - a majestic space designed by Brunelleschi. To note in this painting is the special perspective shown in the buildings that recede into the background. However, all other elements in it are equally exquisite.

Fra Filippo Lippi - Annunciation (wood, c.1445)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/5/2013 2:31:56 AM
Here is another exquisite masterpiece by Filippo Lippi, also to be seen in the Martelli Chapel in the Medici church of San Lorenzo in Florence, Italy.

Fra Filippo Lippi - Madonna and Child
(tempera on panel, 1440 - 1445)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/5/2013 6:58:52 PM

Dear friends, this is Fra Filippo Lippi's exquisite Annunciation of 1448-50 which was mentioned in page 2 of this thread. I am reposting it here pretty enlarged.

Fra Filippo Lippi - Annunciation
(Egg tempera on wood,1448-50)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/8/2013 12:25:02 AM

Here is another gem of a painting in Fra Filippo Lippi's catalogue: his exquisite Madonna and Child with Stories of the Life of St. Anne of 1452, in an image which I chose mainly on account of its color and luminosity; but if you like, you may view another great photographic version of the image contrasted with a black background here).
Fra Filippo Lippi - Madonna and Child with Stories of the Life of St. Anne
(tempera on panel, c. 1452)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/10/2013 1:40:36 AM

And finally, at least for now, here is Fra Filippo Lippi's great Coronation of the Virgin of 1441-47 which I have chosen at this point for its magnificence and beauty despite its having been painted long before the masterpiece shown in the previous post.

Fra Filippo Lippi - Coronation of the Virgin
(Tempera on panel, 1441 - 1447)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!