Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE EARLY RENAISSANCE - FRA FILIPPO LIPPI
11/28/2006 11:53:50 AM
Hello Luis Miguel,

You've done it again.  You have the most impeccable taste.  Fra Fillippo Lippì is one of my favourite Renaissance panters.  When I was a teenager, I remember spending hours in the National Gallery in London staring at some of his paintings, which must have been on loan at that time.

You know these beautiful works of art leave me speechless - so çi'll say the same as ever - Thank you Luis Miguel.

Love
Jenny

+0
11/28/2006 12:02:36 PM
Thank you for  sharing the history of the artist along with the beautiful paintings. I took art in high school and the teacher concentrated on teaching us the how to's but not the history. I remember once she had us all do a drawing with her as the model. She said to draw her as we see her..which was what I did. She had hair on the right side of her lip and it was very visible and since I wanted to do as I was told, I put it in  the drawing. She gave me an F and my dad had a fit. He went to the school to ask her why, and when he saw the hair on her lip he agreed that I had done what I was told and should not have gotten an F. Boy was she mad! She gave me a B and the next day at school she had shaved off the hair. LOL

I'll never forget that as long as I live and if she's still living I bet she still remembers me too:)
Becky
DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2006 2:10:40 PM
Hi Luis Miguel

I've found it - One of his Annunciations - he painted several.

This is the one I have spent hours looking at .  Isn't it incredible?

Love
Jenny

+0
Raewyn West

44 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/28/2006 8:54:46 PM
Thank you for the invite, But i am no longer a adlander.so im very sorry.your friend Raewyn
Raewyn j West
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2006 9:52:47 PM
Dear Geketa,

Thank you for coming back again.

I appreciate your comments which, even if you are in no way an art critic as you say, are most appropiate. You are correct in your appreciation of Lippi's influence on Leonardo Da Vinci. Leonardo's characters have the same exquisiteness as those of Fillipo Lippi and Botticelli have. Also note the same dreamy expression in the eyes of the Madonnas of Lippi and Leonardo, as well as in those of the Venus of Botticelli (or better still, of his Madonna and Child).

You are also correct in your appreciation of the rather cherubic angels... and of Lippi being quite a character himself!

Thank you again,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Fra Filippo Lippi, Madonna and Child with two Angels, c. 1460-1465
tempera on panel, 95 x 63.5 cm (Galleria degli Uffizi, Florence)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!