Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!
11/26/2006 2:28:14 PM

Hello Jenny and Friends

I hope I didn't give the impression that I am totally negative about this community. I really like AdlandPro and I spend more time here than in any other network. I have learned some valuable things about marketing here and the tools that are offered here with a membership are very good tools. Well worth the money if you are a network marketer. Also, some of the best friends I have ever made online I made right here. In fact, here is where I met Ally and her and I have been together for nearly a year now and are very happy. I think it all goes back to conversations that we have had in the past about how to make this a better cummunity. First, I think we need to do something that really sets us apart from the rest. Example, when someone is caught in the middle of a lie or promoting a scam, why are they allowed to continue to be a part of this community. If someone is consistantly disrespectful to others in the forums, why are they still permitted to participate in the forums. The way I see it, one can go to any network and get their fill of spam, scams and gurus. What I am looking for is a place to go where you can develope real friendships. A place to go where you can speak freely about issues that concern you and not be concerned about being chastised or disrespected. When I first joined here, that is the way it was. Then suddeny, there came the first personal attack on someone because of a difference of opinion. Rather than everybody recognizing the fact that some one had openly been disrespectful in a forum and do something to prevent it from happening again. What happened was the community divided into opposing sides. Some defending that persons right to be disrespectful and be forgiven and others wanting an immediate end to that type of behaviour. Well, unfortunately, the forgive and forget side won and those who cannot grasp the concept of being respectful were allowed to continue on with their disrespect. There have been people in here promoting programs that are known scams but they are allowed to continue doing it. There have been many many suggestions about how to deal with these problems. Some even going so far as to suggest limiting forum topics so as to avoid confrontation. I think that two basic rules that were consistantly enforced would be plenty to get people more involved in community projects again such as POTW.

1. Be respectful of others at all times. You can disagree with someone without attacking them or insulting them. Repeat offenders have no place here.

2. Before you promote a business here, do your homework. There are litterally millions of programs being promoted on the internet. Many of them are solid, honest opportunities. Most are scams. This is a sad fact that we are all aware of. If you promote something here that is a scam, no second chance. You are gone. Make this clear to people when they first join so that they won't be tempted to try to recoup some of their losses by passing a scam on to other members of this community. I used to be guilty of this myself. At one time, I truly believed that Better Universe offered the best opportunity that could be found on the internet. I lost money and so did nearly everybody else I ever knew that joined that program. They made many promises to me that I relayed on to others. When Better Universe didn't live up to their promises, I was unable to live up to mine. It will not happen again.

Well, I didn't mean to ramble on so long but, I really like this community and I want to see it become the one community that stands out from the crowd. The one place where I can go on the internet and know that I will be treated with respect, always, and a place where I can trust that what someone tells me is the truth. Perhaps I have set my goals a bit high here but, if we at least head in this direction, I think we will be a community that stands alone, at least in our attempt to change things for the better.

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

Visit the Billallys Pub network at:
 http://pub-network.ryze.com
Here is a program that is working very well for some friends of mine. I have not really begun using it yet but I intend to very soon. It is free to join and I do personally know people who are benefitting from using this program.
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re:POTW FORUM - YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!
11/26/2006 4:27:46 PM
Hi Bill,

Another thoughtful post on the POTW and on AdlandPro in general from someone who has alwayas been a very central part of this community.

There is, to me, a lot of wisdom in what you say.  Perhaps the slacking off on the POTW is a reflection of some of the problems that we have experienced.

My personal opinion is that many of these problems are a direct result of the extraordinary growth in the size of the Community in a very short space of time.  People join by the hundreds and it is inevitable that some of the intimacy is lost.   We are suffering from growing pains! lol

However the two specific points you are addressing can, technically, be taken care of by implementing the rules.

Disrespectful or offensive posts and posts which can cause trouble on the community are actually dealt with in the terms of membership.

Equally, promoting programmes which are either illegal or known to be scams is also not permitted.

So - it seems to me, that if people would remember what they are agreeing to when they join and dont simply try to "get away with it" (it being harder to track them down in the new larger AdlandPro) this problem would be greatly reduced.  And this can only be achieved, not only by an active implementation of the rules by the Administration, but also a by wholesale rejection by the other members of the Community.    And that means us.

Then the rest would fall into place.

Optimistically,
Jenny

p.s.  Is there any danger of you dividing your wisdom into shorter paragraphs? - my eyes are hurting lol
+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Re:POTW FORUM - YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!
11/26/2006 4:49:43 PM

Hi Jenny,

I second the motion on shorter paragraphs!

I will try not to be disrepectful "Not"

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2006 5:08:56 PM
Hi John,

Hmmmm.  Any bright ideas to get things going?  Better still, what does the Power behind the Throne think?

Love
Jenny

+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/26/2006 5:39:08 PM

Hi Jenny,

The "Power Behind The Throne" thinks that I should be finishing the decorating!

I have now completed the hall stairs and landing and I am halfway through doing the lounge, I hope to start the dining room sometime midweek.

Getting back to the main topic, Barbara says that Adlandpro was developed to provide members with advertising and marketing facilities, and not to provide a dating agency even though this has lead to some members geting hitched, she sends her best wishes to the happy couple!

Barbara said that the POTW seems to be a popularity contest between members who are more active on the site than others, and thats probably why the bulk of the site members don't seem to want to get involved?

Please note these are her views and not mine, although I have to agree with the dating agency comment.

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!