Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!
11/23/2006 10:12:29 PM

Hello Jenny and Friends

As a rule, I usually don't get very involved in the POTW forum like I used to. The reason is because of just what is going on right now. It amazes me that I can't get more than about 5 people to even talk about the real politics that have a profound effect on our daily lives and yet, everybody wants to play politics here in this forum and the POTW forum. I think we have to be realistic here and thinking that most people are here for reasons other than to sell something is not realistic. AdlandPro is more about network marketing than it is about anything else. There have been many award type forums and they have all been done very well but, after a while, people run out of ways to say, " oh you are so wonderful " and" thank you for saying I am so wonderful".  POTW was started as a way to generate traffic to a site and from there direct traffic to other links. It is all about marketing and quite frankly, for the most part, we are a network of marketers trying to market to a bunch of other marketers. Everybody has a product that is better than everybody elses and almost nobody is making any real money. Most of the time when I get an invitation to become friends it is nothing more than spam. A lot of times they don't even have my name on it. It is just simply spam in a friendly manner.

I used to think that a network like this would be the perfect place to learn about solid business opportunities and that the information I recieved from friends here  could be trusted, tried and true. This is not the case. I have nearly 100 businesses listed in my bookmarks that I have either tried personally or followed up on to see how they developed. Bottom line, most of the information that we get here from our so called friends is no more sound and truthful than what we recieve in our bulk folders every day. Adland is still one of the best places to market as far as tools and promotional formats go but, if everybody is just going to continue to fake friendships for the purpose of making a sale, things will not get better. So, there is my take on this situation. I am sure there are many people who will be angry about what i have said here but so be it. My main purpose here is to advocate for a better way of life for many who cannot accomplish this without the help of others. I haven't really sold a thing here but there are a few people whose lives have been changed for the better just because someone was here that understood them and cared enough to want to do somethng to help. If what you promote here hasn't really helped improve the quality of your life, it most likely will not do much for others either. No matter how you try convince people that the POTW is the best thing on the internet, if it doesn't make them money, they will move on to other things hoping that one day, they will finally get their dreams fullfilled.  I guess it's better to have a dream than not to but we have to be realistic. Most people come here to sell and if everybody is trying to sell something different to everybody else who is also trying to sell something, people will soon lose interest. Some will make it. Most will not. Those who don't will never like those who do and the politics goes on and on.

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

Visit the Billallys Pub network at:
 http://pub-network.ryze.com
This is my best source for multiple streams of income. No Spam. No Scam
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Jerilyn Merideth

1618 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/24/2006 3:19:24 AM

Hi Jenny,

Bravo

Bless You,

Jerilyn

Jerilyn Merideth http://www.critterpower.com "Cutest Critter Photo Contest" now through April 30, 2011. "The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals" ~ Anonymous"
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/24/2006 8:25:08 PM
Hi Jenny,
I guess I missed out on this one. I haven't read any negatives on POTW recently.
I do agree with you. If you wants someone nominated, do it.
Blessings my friend,
Mary
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2006 9:53:00 AM

Hi Jenny,

Excellent forum, I agree with you that more community members should be involved in the voting process. But I also think that if you don't vote, don't complain.

Thank you.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2006 1:32:08 PM
Hi Bill,

It is interesting to see this forum turn from a "rallying" forum into a genuine discussion about why the POTW voting figures are so low.

You have made some very valid points in your post.  But I would like to comment on a couple of things.  AdlandPro is a business networking community.  Ok.  But that doesn't mean that everyone has to spend their time selling things to each other.  It can, and has been, a very useful place to learn about other people's marketing experiences, and to find out some of the many things there are to learn about marketing a product or service on the internet, which may be new to us.  And meeting other marketers is not always a waste of time.  You dont need thousands of contacts - a few good ones will do nicely.

It is rather sad thatthe situation  has degenerated recently into everyone flinging advertising at each other (and here the abuse of the PM system has reached impressive levels), and including, as the other Bill commented, adverts for products you yourself have sent to the sender!  However I believe that the POTW does still have value as a marketing tool.  I was fortunate enough to win it recently and my site visits, from the POTW forum in question, were very high, and that helps my site ratings.  It is not wasted.

No I dont expect to sell anything directly to people who are here to sell too, but I believe that the Community can be very useful to make contact with people in other places and to build genuine relationships which may have a beneficial medium and long term effects - but only when those relationships are genuine.

The POTW is a practical way for people to show their appreciation of a fellow member - and is, as Ana maria says - a democratic way of doing so.  Behind  the smoke screen of advertising and other  hidden agendas there are still many members, like yourself, who love this Community.  The POTW lets us nominate and vote for them.   Construtive criticism is good news.  Lets use it and not abuse it.

Love
Jenny
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!