Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What is real to you? ...
11/2/2006 6:46:54 AM
Thank you Venerina for this enlightening post.

I learned a long time ago that my interpretation of reality is
an illusion. In fact, I was born a little outside of everyone's
reality and with this "outsiders" view I saw things quite
different than everyone else around me.

It was impossible to describe to anyone, because they simply
are in a different perspective than I. I got labled "strange"
by the kids in the schools I attended.

I told them I simply only see what is, and not what they thought
it was. There are few people born with this ability, some have
learned to view things like this.

It is a sort of "insiders" club that people who recognise things
as they are as it actually exists are in. When you meet someone
of like mind this way, there is a common thread that you
share. Other people looking at this relationship simply do
not understand for they are caught up in the reality of the
day. They see things as they would want to believe them,
and not in the frame of "Actuality"

I like to describe this condition this way: Your eyes project an
upside down immage to the brain, which by association
interprets the things you see. You are not seeing what is,
but simply the projection of reflected light and understand
it only by the way your occipital lobe at the back of your
head interprets it. 10 people can view an object, and
there are 10 different perspectives. Each of these 10
people will give a different description of the object.

To those of  us who see things in actuality, the brain
is bypassed and the object is viewd in an intuitive
manner. 10 of these people will describe the
object in exactly the same way.

How is this possible?

Look at the object from all perspectives at the same time.
Anyone can learn to do this.

Robert
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/2/2006 6:56:41 AM

Good morning Venerina,

Whoa! That is deep!
I had to read through it twice. About 5 years ago I spent a lot of time contemplating truth, reality, life and so on. I used to write a Lot.
You make some very valid points. I believe reality is what you percieve it to be and it varies from person to person. That makes perfect since.
I would venture to say that reality is that there are stars in the sky at night, but would someone from the city see the same reality. There are sooo many facets of the life we live in that would bear the same results. What reality seems to be for one person may be different for the next.

As far as our "virtual friends/contacts". The reality of them being "real" to us because we cannot see them, will soon be minimal. With the new breed of online streaming media fast growing all over the Internet. People are talking face to face now. Not just through text. I have friends all over the world now that I have actually "Talked" to face to face. And no, I did not travel to see them. It's no longer a necessity to meet someone in person to Know them. Real time streaming video is the wave of the future. It will quickly take over the way people communicate. And we will no longer have to guess if someone is who they say they are.

Here's an example. Let's say there is controversy at Adland between people. One is typing a message in response and seems to be really sincere and helpful. When in all reality, they could be seething with contempt on the other side of the screen. Streaming media is going to end that. Sure, text will still live on. Because there will always be dishonest people that don't want to come out of their cacoon and show themselves. But the ones that want to know real people. Will be using streaming online tools to communicate face to face.

It's for real, and it's happening now. Ending the question, "Is this person for real"?

Thanks for your lengthy observation of reality. I used to write to my husband all the time about stuff like that. He's a true pessimist and I'm an optimist! LOL! It used to seem like I was always convincing him that he was wrong. hehehe
It worked. You wouldn't believe the difference in the man today versus 5 years ago! He finally learned to Think before he Spoke....Well, most of the time. He still has a slip-up once in a while.

I love your analogies,
Your friend,
Angela

Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
11/2/2006 7:25:24 AM
Thank You for a lovely post Venerina,
keep on writing.

Best regards
Arild
+0
11/2/2006 9:45:58 AM

Yes Venerina you are correct in your assumptions everyones view on reality differ and it because we are all so different in background, values,and morals. When you ask the question of people " look at this cup of water is it 1/2 full or 1/2 empty" thier answer lets you know on what side of the coin they would bet most heads or tails, heads being positive and tails being negative this same concept appies to a persons views on reality what some might accept as possible and real others might say oh no way! If asked if they believed in the astro physical plane, ufo's, ghosts, teleportation, mental telepathy etc. etc.  the heads people would probably say yes and the tails people would probably say no. Reality is a concept that only we as individuals can determine for ourselves and we have to accept the fact others won't believe as we do.

I have to agree that in a virtual reality as on the computer many people can give the impression they want people to believe. This may not be what they are really like that is why there are so many sexual predators on line! It is only thru a long friendship online that you can maybe get a sense what the "real" person is like even then you could be fooled! There is a real person there but what that person in reality is like only they know for sure! You know the old saying " A wolf in sheeps clothing" I think that people sometimes where masks and try to become what they are not. Some can sense this person's aura and feel the bad vibes even over the internet! It might only be a small slip that person made when talking on the net or in real life. I find that when people tell jokes you can usually find out alot about them! The negatives will tell degrading jokes aimed at a certain race , sex or religion, this is how this person is in reality, a bigot and a sexist. The positives will make fun of everyone, even themselves as they hold no grudge against anyone.

I have gone off on another tangent here but I did enjoy your ramblings and deep thoughts! Don't get alot of that around here!

Take care of yourself and hope to hear from you again soon with more "DEEP THOUGHTS" LOL

As Always, God Bless!

Sincerly, Susan

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/2/2006 11:47:18 AM

Amen Mumsie ... you are forever the wise owl ...

It is true ... life is a journey ... for the better and for the worse... the road is full of winding bends and hidden tunnels and pot holes ... but none the less it is a road that we must follow to get to wherever we're going ...

Each crossroad takes us down a different road ... the outcome to which we can never know ... or for which we create a new "reality" ... Living is about taking risks ... so I guess that would mean moving outside of our perceived, safe and accepted reality ... into an unknown one ... but that takes a lot of strength, courage and determination ...

It's easier to stick with what we know as opposed to that which we do not.

I definately will see you down that road ...

Much love to you

Venerina

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!