Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What is real to you? ...
11/2/2006 12:34:02 AM

Hi Venerina,

All reality is different. To me reality is love and giving of ones self. But that is what only my reality.

Everyone must seek out their own truths and their own realities.

Thank you.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2006 3:03:23 AM
hi v,
i think reality is what you want it it be. if you set your mind to do something, and you can see yourself doing it, than that becomes reality. the people we meet along the way help to shape it, good or bad. it's a journy v. we can either go with it and experience reality, or sit stagnant, and never know true love, life and reality. the road we take is up to us. i'll see you down the road.
mumsie
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2006 3:45:10 AM
Hi Venerina,

While I believe the definition of the word, "reality," is quite clear, I think it is impossible to actually define what reality is without having some unmoveable starting point. 

For example, how do you even know that you exist?  Descartes said, "I think, therefore I am."  But does that really determine that you even exist?  If you are the cause of the thought, then what caused you?  Uh-oh!  That brings you back to the first question - how do you really know you exist?  Who told you?  Or, like Descartes, do you simple presume that because you seem to be capable of creating thoughts, it must mean that you exist?

What if we are all characters in a supercomputer - part of some bizarre and complicated game (like the movie, The Matrix?)  Why not?  Once again, there needs to be a solid, absolute, unmoveable, truth, or starting point, from which everything else is able to be defined.

I believe in reality, but that it is much more than we can even begin to imagine, and that what we can experience with our senses is only a very small part of reality.  I don't believe we can create our own reality, as that would be contrary to the definition of reality.  What we can create, and often do, is our own fantasies.

To begin to determine the starting point for reality, one must first come to grips with the fact that there IS a starting point.  Since everything we can experience with our senses is physical and finite, we have to look beyond the physical world and into infinity (or eternity) to find something that doesn't need a cause (as everything in the physical universe HAS to have a cause.)  An eternal cause does not in itself require a cause, since it is eternal or infinite, meaning it is outside of space/time and simply IS (ie - it had no beginning and has no end.)  It is only when we discover the eternal cause that we can begin to discover what actually is reality.

It is definitely worthwhile to ask, "What is reality?" and even more worthwhile to continue to question what we discover as we pursue that question.  The more we dig and question what we believe, the more we begin to understand and know.  True reality will withstand all questions.

God bless,

Dave

+0
11/2/2006 4:24:42 AM

Hello V:

" We are what we eat "

" Reality is for people who can't handle drugs "

Those are a couple of bumper stickers from the 70's. A time when nothing was real. A world that for some was " Strawberry Fields Forever."

Many decades ago a mid-eastern guru ( gee you are you ) suggested that:

" ... unless one turns around to face it, you can not prove that there is anything that exists behind you. When you do turn around to offer yourself that proof, you are always faced with the same question. "

Then there is my dear Mother's observation, " we live in a dream world ", or at least that is what she thought about my lifestyle at the time :).

" Reality. " It would seem to many to be an all encompassing defintion suggesting what Carlos Casdaneda would have us believe. That the " all " is comprised of the many, each thing, each object its own separate realtity; each blade of grass, grain of sand; each person is what makes up the " all ."

For me, well.... reality is now sipping on this new found delightful cup of mint tea. :)

All the best,

Joe Buccheri 

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What is real to you? ... Define reality
11/2/2006 5:08:20 AM

Hello Donald ...

How are you? .. I am sorry buddy but I think we will have to agree to disagree on this point ... I believe that there is no reason why people who do meet AdlandPro style ... shouldn't meet in real life ...

I am making it my life mission to meet at least a couple of handfuls of people I have met through this community ... by the time I am done I reckon I will have travelled half way around the world ...

Thank you and God Bless

Venerina

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!