Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adventist Belief Number 24 - Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary
10/29/2006 1:42:55 PM

Pauline R, here is some information I found on the mediation work that Christ has been doing since the sacrifice He made for us on the cross. It is my understanding that Christ is now in the process of going over our records to determine who goes to heaven, and who does not. When the time of probation closes, the books are closed, and at that time, we have no more hope of salvation, if we have chosen Satan's side. This could be a lengthy discussion, I know, so I've got to keep it brief here!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Christ, Our High Priest in the Heavenly Santuary

Note: Christ's work as our High Priest in heaven
could not begin until AFTER His offering for sin
on the cross. (Heb 9:25,26)

He assended into Heaven as our Mediator and High
Priest in the heavenly places. His work in the
cleansing of the sanctuary could not begin until
the end of the 2300 days (years), and that
happened in 1844. (Dan 8:14)

At the close of the work of the ancient high
priest on the Day of Atonement, He put on His
robes and came forth and blessed the assembled
people about the sanctuary. So, when our Saviour
finishes His mediatorial work in heaven for us,
He will appear in glory at His Second Coming to
bless us with immortality.

Then the great antitypical scapegoat, Satan,
will bear his responsibility for his part for the
sins of God's people into a "land not inhabited,"
this earth, desolated at the second coming of
Christ for one thousand years:

"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of
many; and unto them that look for Him shall He
appear the second time without sin unto
salvation." Heb 9:28

Satan with all the wicked will then be destroyed.
(Rev 20:1-3, 7-9; Ps 7:14-16; Heb 2:14) See also
these texts: Eph 5:2; Heb 8:2; 9:9,12,23

+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/16/2007 11:43:00 AM

Hello James
I thought I would calm down and not write anything on the theme Christs comeback until you hade read and seen what I sent to you, but I cannot keep quiet. I have something to say regarding the Great Disappointment in oct.1844. Which  I studied today in one of your letters.

Be confident, do not worry about that Jesus did not come upon clouds then.

I am just now reading about thatin a spiritual detective story and I thought that I should offer you the company of the American radio sport reporter and author and spiritual detective William Sears, who took seven years of reseach to find out all about the second coming of Christ. New Name and all. REV:3:12.

I will quote him here and there. Thus we can read in his book "Thief in the Night, the Case of the Missing Millennium page 35:

"The clue of the NEW NAME required careful study. Christ Himself gives notice that He will come in an unexpected manner, at an unexpected time, and that it will be difficult to recognise Him. He says in the very chapter which promises the NEW NAME:
'Be watchful...if therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come upon thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know at what hour I will come upon thee.' Rev.3:2-3.

To those who would cling to His old name, Christ in that same chapter admonishes:

'I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.'
Rev.3:1.

William Sears continues: "As a Christian, I didn't like the idea of a new name at all." it "was contrary to everything I had been taught." ..."My investigation of this clue of the new name demonstrated clearly that the followers of Christ had been told in unmistakable terms to cast aside all that they held dear in the hour of His SECOND coming, just as they had been forced to do in the day of His FIRST coming , if they hoped to recognize Him and receive His NEW NAME."

In the Rev.3:12-13 we find the words "HIM THAT OVERCOMETH will be"etc. What are we to overcome? we might ask. William Sears points out that "His return will not be according to the beliefs, standards, or expectations of any man" And each one of us has to find out the truth for him/herself and" 'overcome' the obstacles placed in their path. Each one must look with his own inner eye for the Messiah. It would not be sufficient in the Day of Christs return to go along the old path and call upon Him by His old name."

The adventists of the 1840ies surely held as true that He would have kept his old name. I see that this attitude is uphold by Christians even today. This was the mistake of the 1840ies and the cause of the Great Disappointment.Why repeat it.

The same happened in all parts of the world, where the Buddhists thought that Buddha with old name would appear, the Hindus thought that Krishna would appear with old name,  and all the others, just like the Christians. And so each people have done exactly the same thing, and suffered the same great disappointment. Even though it is said in all the worlds religious  scriptures that the World Teacher of the Latter Days will have a NEW NAME, NEW LAWS + give a NEW NAME OF THE LORD and many other new things. The Bearer of the Holy Spirit for this age and this generation is indeed much greater than anybody could ever have conceived of.

I am a Bahai and a follower of the Faith of Bahaullah, "The Glory of God" (1817-1892) which was inaugurated in 1844.
See. www.Bahai.us  or www.Bahai.org .
The presentation of the Bahai Faith on the net is a very informative one, but I would be more than happy if anybody would ask me  just a single question. I expect that and I will answer with spiritual proofs, and the resources are huge. The Bible is always on the table right in front of me. And Bahaullah has revealed hundreds of volumes while in  prison for 40 years in exile. If I do not know the answer of a question I'll find out.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bahaullah+and+the+bahai+faith&search=Search

This link gives an introduction to the early days of the Bahai Faith (film nr 2-4 etc.) ,  historic views of the places in which it was revealed , that is the 1844ies of Persia and the Ottoman Empire, including Palestine is presented,  + the dire circumstances in which it occurred, Bahaullah thrown into the black pit of Teheran -an old underground water  reservoir three stories below the ground and where Bahaullah received His Calling from God. His hair was black when He was imprisoned there and white when He four months later was released. His crime, the same as Jesus's. What Prophet has been wellcomed in his homeland?.Who has escaped chains and torture, exile. No prophet of God. And no one has or will come along on a cloud, be sure of that.

So, if you long to behold the revelation of the long awaited Redeemer you have to abandon the old ideas of how the Holy Spirit blows. Only the spirit will know,and its abode is the mystic heart in us.                                                  

But one can always study it for some time. It took me a long time, ( I live in a country of secularised people), but just like William Sears I gave up everything that i had formerly thought and accepted Bahaullah as the Long Awaited Manifrestation of God for this Age. This is the Age of Fulfillment and the old Prophetic Age is over.

I am a happy Bahai all since nearly 38 years and your informer.

Good Luck
Laila Falck

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2007 5:30:53 PM

Laila, thank you for sharing this information about the Bahai faith. I apologize for not responding to your letter. I have been extremely busy since I started this new job last Monday.  As soon as I have the time, I will give you some more input. In the mean time, please look over the other threads I have posted if you have not already done so.  God Bless!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!