Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Lutes

106 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Adventist Belief Number 24 - Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary
10/29/2006 10:05:27 AM

Hi Jim,

It has been awhile since I have been here but I have been way too busy with sickness and responsibilites to respond to forums so I will keep this short.

My interpretation is we are suppose to be ready at all times and not speculate on the second coming of the Lord.

Do have a great day Jim.

Pauline

Pauline Lutes http://LeadingEdgeNetwork.biz Gratitude should not be an occasional incident, but a continuous attitude.
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/29/2006 11:04:10 AM
Hi Jim its me again, and I've been dong some homework here... this is how I understand it.... Well there is a lot to share about this topic. I will try to make it precise and to the point. We first establish that before the second comming of Christ as described in revelation the rapture will take place as mentioned in 1 Thess 4. After the rapture will begin the 70th week of Daniel as mentioned in Dan 9 - 10. Which is a period of 7 years. The church will not be present, but during the 7 year period the jews will recognize the messiah and the anti christ will also be revealed. These 7 years are described in Math; 23 as the great tribulation. After this period Jesus will return with the church to reign on earth for 1000 years(the Millinium). When will the rapture happen? We can say this that all the required prophesies that need to be fullfilled for it to happen has already occured. Like Isreal being established, the reestablised Roman empire in the european union, one world language etc. But we should also be aware that to give a specific is absolute foolishness. There is no calculation to be done regarding this date, we just simply choose to live by faith. As Tit; 2 describes for us to have that blessed hope of the return of our savior needs no date. Last point that i wanted to mention was about Christs "last phase of atoning ministry". It seems a tricky phase but just to bring this into light that the atonement required for all sin, for all people, for all time, was completed on the cross 2000 years ago, and nothing more is left pending or unfinished. As our Savior beautifully said "IT IS FINISHED" I hope this helped. Blessings Pauline R
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/29/2006 11:27:42 AM
Hi Kate, I know it helps my brain get into gear!!
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/29/2006 11:53:44 AM

Hi Pauline L, welcome back! You are right, we know not the day nor the hour in which Christ will return, but we do know this, and that is every eye shall see Him when He comes again.

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him." Revelation 1:7 (KJV)

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/29/2006 12:36:26 PM

Hi Pauline R, you know you are always welcome here my friend! Some of the signs which have already occured are these:

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days (17th-18th Century or thereabouts) shall the sun be darkened,  and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven shall be shaken." Matthew 24:29 (KJV)

Note: The sun was darkened followed by night when the moon appeared as blood, on the great "Dark Day", May 19, 1780. (See encyclopedias) The falling of the stars took place on November 13, 1833. This was forecast in the Book of Revelation.

"And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, whe she is shaken of a mighty wind." Revelation 6:13

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!