Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I love this community - Do you?
10/26/2006 12:31:14 PM
Thank you for the wonderful post Venerina.
I love all people and I love diversity. It is this difference that
makes us strong. One obtains more ability with more
understanding. I learn something from
everyone.

Robert
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/26/2006 12:33:27 PM

Hi Venerina,

Wow, another great essay so what can I say you have said it all.

I would just like to add there seems to be more members from the US but I am not sure, it would be great if we knew what the percentage of users from each country was?

So if you can whisper in Bogdans ear to see if this is possible?

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/26/2006 12:36:47 PM

Hi Venerina,

Yet another great post.

Like you I have traveled the world and worked closely with people from many countries with greatly diversified languages, beliefs, and backgrounds.

We are both from the school of real life and through this have a better understanding of the potential for misunderstandings arising due to cultural and language differences.

What to one is a harmless comment  can be to another a direct insult simply because the meaning of a particular word is totally different in the two languages.

All we can do is try our best in our posts to be polite and even if we disagree with something do it in a polite manner.

+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/26/2006 12:37:45 PM
Hi Venerina,

This is one of the most heart-felt and beautiful posts I have ever read.  You have a gift with words my friend  :-)

Just reading your post, makes me feel at peace.   I so agree with your philiposphy YES!

The fact that we can choose to experience things with happiness or negativity is up to us.  We can all choose to live our life in Utopia, or we can choose not to!  I for one have a very hard time knowing I have been rude or hurt someone, and not help to feel very bad about it.  I can deal with how I choose to handle rejection or hurt, but I cannot always help someone else.  That can be frustrating.

When you talk about forum etiquette, I sincerely believe that if everyone practiced the Golden Rule before they think, speak, or write, all forums and the entire world would be a better place  :-)

Thank you for this enlightening post.  You have a beautiful soul and a beautiful heart, and we are all grateful for what you can teach us.  You are a Leader!

Bless you,  Jill
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/26/2006 12:44:25 PM

Hi Veneria,

You are sooo very right! I hate to see public display of mis-understandings, back stabbing and the like. It often reminds me of how cruel children can be these days. And I used to wonder why they were. Until Adland really started to grow and I witnessed the same behaviour right here! It's appalling to say the least, and when I see it happening I just don't read anymore. Adults have to realize that the way we behave is the way our future generations are going to behave. And the way it's going now, they are going to end up living in a very cruel world.

Respect, even if there is no love, Has to be practiced to keep a community clean and thriving. Why don't everyone try it? You might like the results you get.

Thanks for sharing Venerina,
Your friend,
Angela

Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!