Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Some advice and Please be considerate
10/31/2008 10:55:19 AM
ehehehehe  Thomas, Thomas, Thomas ... if you will invite me to all these things ... what do you expect? LOL .... of course, you're going to get comments from me everywhere .... LOL ...

Thank you ... I can't wait for the last 10 chapters to be done either!!!  Can you write them for me please? :-) ... oh well, no harm in asking ...LOL ...

Ah yes, I will let you know how Monday goes ... I hope all goes well on Tuesday ... I'm not a very political person ... well, I have my own personal thoughts ... but that's just what they are ... personal ... I'm like Robert ... I never talk about politics (in public) ... my only question is ... Is there really any government anywhere in the world which is just and fair and HONEST ...

Look at the Italian Government ... actually scrap that ... better not!!!  LOL ... a part from collapsing this year ... it's been one big screw up after the other .... am I allowed to say that here?  oops ... did I just mention politics ... ok, it was a momentary lapse ...

Ok, must post a few replies and then get back to the grindstone.  I am preparing my presentation ... It's only 20 minutes ... yet, no matter how much I write it's still not enough!!!  Cobblers!!!! LOL

Hugs
V.
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/31/2008 11:02:11 AM
hehehehe Oh Robert ... that cracked me up .... Spamming an election!!! hehehehe Now that's a great concept ... do you think it would catch on? ...

You could work some great logistics out for that one... Problem is there would have to be more elections worldwide to keep spammers busy for long enough.  The worst thing is that some of these Nigerian guys are getting smarter.  They've now started using disposable mobile phone numbers and calling my business mobile number. 

I think it's great ... if they're calling long distance, I just keep them on hold until they get tired or their credit runs out. I can be so cold and callous at times! :-)

Unfortunately, Robert, there isn't an PM filter ... now that you can take as both personal messages and Prime Ministers ... I personally think there should be filters for both LOL

Have a great weekend and take care,
Hugs

V.
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/31/2008 11:17:41 AM
Hello Jim,

Nice to see you.  How are you? ...

I think you may have misread my post ... or maybe I mis-wrote my post ... (could be) ... but what I was referring to and still am referring to is forum spamming.

Robert was talking about PMs not me.  I never even mentioned them until a few seconds ago.  I (personally) don't have a problem with PMs ... In fact, I scour through them.  If anything captures my attention I read it, if not ... I bin it.  I also get very nice letters from my friends here .... and those I wouldn't miss for the world.

What I do have a problem with is someone coming into my forums and spamming them with blatant advertising posts one after the other without consulting me. 

If someone has the politeness to ask me about advertising their business or exchanging links with me or even networking together in an ethical and mutually respectful way ... like a few of my friends here have... I am the first to ask them for a nice write up, logo, link and so on ... so that I may post it on all my blogs, forums and everywhere else I can for them.  That is what collaboration, friendships and business relationships are all about.

So, thank you for the telling off hehehehehe .... but I think it may have been slightly misplaced ... no worries ... I have broad shoulders LOL ... go and slap Robert's wrists ... he started this hehehehehe

Take care and have a lovely weekend
Kindest wishes

V.

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/31/2008 11:20:27 AM
My dear friend Stephen

Lovely to see you ... touch with a 10 foot pole .... I'm launching that pole not touching with it!!!!!  .... and yes ... what better day than my anniversary .... the 31st October .... some friends keep telling me I would have been burnt at the stake centuries ago LOL  ... perhaps I was ... and I'm living now to make up for it!!! LOL

Have a great Halloween ... I bet your children are loving it today ... are they going out trick or treating?

A hug to you
V.

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/31/2008 11:37:54 AM
Hello Venerina :-)

How great is to see you again and how happy I am I stumbled in this forum - lately this is the way I get anywhere!

You are so right with everything you say - and so well written!
One can barely keep up (at least me?!) with my own forums and a few more to visit... it is so up-setting to spend a part of my time left for my friends - deleting posts and threads that shouldn't have been posted from the first place!

If people should "bother" to read Forum Rules, than they won't do such things?! What amazes me, is:
HOW
- and WHY -
DO THEY EXPECT OTHERS TO READ THEIR POST, AS SOON AS THEY DON'T READ OTHERS?!
(I hope this sentence has sense?! - as I cannot tell, knowing what I think LOL)

As soon as its a funny holiday, let me wish you :

http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Hal/HapHal09.gif

even if I'm not sure if you celebrate it.

With friendship,
Anamaria

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!