Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rajaram S.K.

12239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Racism, the holy grail of ignorance
1/28/2007 10:32:02 AM
Hello Bogdan Fiedur, Dave and dear friends, Re: Racism, the holy grail of ignorance... OH GOD! PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.... Bogdan F, We should be inspired definitely by your kind words!!!! quote... No matter what skin color you have, what language you speak, there will always be someone who will find something in you to discriminate against you. I get people joking about my accent all the time including my kids. Do I care? Not any more. I speak three languages, most people speak only one.......unquote SINCE WE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF GOD, DIVINE SPARKS OF SAME GOD, WHY SHOULD WE DISCRIMINATE LIKE THIS.... GOD HAS NOT CREATED US TO FIGHT IN THIS MANNER. Though the color of our skin is different, COLOR OF BLOOD IS ONLY RED FOR ALL OF US!!!! WE ALL HAVE SAME ORGANS OF OUR BODY IN THE RIGHT PLACE, FUNCTIONING IN THE RIGHT MANNER IN EVERYONE WITH THE HELP OF GOD!!!! EVEN OUR MIND AND INTELLECT ARE GUIDED BY THE SAME GOD, WHO IS INSIDE US. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT LANGUAGE WE SPEAK, WE ALL SPEAK THE LANGUAGE OF HEART WITH LOVE!!!! OUR ACCENT SHOULD NOT MATTER, AS LONG AS OUR THOUGHTS AND MINDS ARE READ AND UNDERSTOOD BY ALL!!!! OH LORD! PLEASE DISPEL THIS DARKNESS WITH YOUR KIND LIGHT IN ALL OF US SOON!!!! THANKS.......
S.K. Rajaram
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/28/2007 10:45:14 AM
Hello again

Just a word to Neil - Neil I dont know where you got the idea from my post that it even crossed my mind that you had any racism in you.  All I said in answer to yours was "exactly - all racism is wrong".  Good grief man, dont look for arguements where there are not.  And please, dear Neil, be nice.  Gentleness and political correctness have nothing to do with each other.
And, yes, although I may not have put myself at physical risk, I have during my life worked and continue to work against racism in my own small way.

Reading your post Bogdan, yes I understand what you are saying.  I live in a multicultural community.  I am an immigrant here and my children sons of immigrants.  Born in England, I am the daughter of an immigrant and grandaughter of immigrants. My father still has a funny foreign accent and, to my children, I have one too.   As a child I recall being told "to go back to where I came from" and I know my children have heard it too.  I am sure yours may have heard the same, as have many of us here at AdlandPro.  The same happens to Spaniards from other regions who come to settle in this village!.  Our differences make our  communities richer not poorer - wouldnt it be boring if we were all the same.

As I have zero tolerance to racism or religious prejudice against any race  I work to teach the children and youngsters and not so youngsters that
We are what we are by an accident of birth

This was the whole purpose of this forum.  It's title is Racism - The Holy Grail of IGNORANCE.  Racism has always been based on the fear of the unknown or the different that make people feel insecure in what they are or envious of what they perceive the other to be. 

There are no arguments to justify racism - only to explain it.  Equally There are no "facts" to justify it either,  because the reality is different -
 this quotation says it better than I ever can
"The truth is more important than the facts"
                                                                Frank Lloyd Wright

And, you know something?
The terms of AdlandPro do not permit content in posts, emails or anywhere else that contain material
discriminatory on the basis religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability toward an individual or group of individuals.
with or without the excuse of Freedom of Speech.   and I think that is fantastic

Have a nice day everyone
Love
Jenny

+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/28/2007 12:51:02 PM
1. Jenny, do you know what the word "IF" means? From your reply to me it seems you do NOT! 2. I wrote to LARRY ELDER, a Black Nationally syndicated talk show host about what I first said which first caused illogical Joyce to get all pushed out of shape. http://www.larryelder.com/ Here is what I wrote to him: --------------- Dear Sir, I request you take a few minutes to read pages 9-10-11 of the forum below. Please see if what I said about people saying things are racist when they are not and my other comments were out of line. I do not think anything I said was not accurate and would really appreciate your input. Racism, the holy grail of ignorance http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/487117.aspx Thank you! Neil C. Reinhardt ------------------- HIS REPLY! Dear Neil, Accurate and spot on! Larry -------------------
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/28/2007 1:04:20 PM
Anytime you want to compare vocabularies, let me know as I have tested (in college) to have one in excess of a PHD level.
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2007 12:22:34 AM
Hi Bogdan, Thanks for your insights. Now that you are a long time Canadian, you've seen the same thing here. The east coast makes jokes about the west coast and vice-versa. People from one area of the country are considered by some to be less intelligent than people from other areas. As you have pointed out from your experience in Poland, it has nothing to do with skin colour, but everything to do with prejudice and discrimination. I remember going to a town once in northern Ontario to visit my aunt and uncle and cousin. We went for a walk in that rather remote town, and came to a school yard, where the local kids were playing baseball. Of course, we wanted to join the game, but my cousin warned us not to let them see us. Suddenly, we were spotted, and every kid on the field dropped what they were doing and chased us through the town back to my aunt and uncle's house, throwing rocks at us all the way. My cousin simply explained that they hated strangers! Where I grew up, I was part of a minority, and was often called Umseewah, a local word basically meaning dirty white kid. So yes, it doesn't really matter where you go or what you do, you are likely to experience ignorance, prejudice and discrimination. ---------------------------------------------------- Yet every person has an opportunity to be their best and just use their talents, passion to live their life the way they like. No matter what skin color you have, what language you speak, there will always be someone who will find something in you to discriminate against you. ------------------------------------------------------- Yes, America, including Canada, is the land of opportunity, a point sadly missed by many who were born here. We need more people like yourself who recognize that fact, overcome all obstacles, and demonstrate what can be done If you don't let those who would put you down keep you down. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!