Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Racism, the holy grail of ignorance
10/13/2006 5:06:47 AM
Greetings, dear friends, Alas, the subject of racism has raised its ugly head here in our community. Such an idea is born in ignorance, raised by fear, and fed by agendas that we would do well to avoid. The whole idea of race is a mistake from the outset. There is but one race, the human race, made up of many diverse ethnic groups full of rich heritage and history. The term, "race" is an invention that comes from a gross misunderstanding of true science, having arisen at some dark moment in our past. Modern genetics has proven without any doubt that we all have a common ancestor, affectionately called by the scientific community, "Genetic Eve." Thus, without even bringing philosophy into the discussion, we can clearly see that to hold up one people group as superior and to hold another as inferior is an ignorant, uneducated, and outdated concept. As human beings, we need to recognize that the same blood that flows in the veins of a black man can save the life of a white man, and vice-versa. A Jewish person's heart could very easily be the heart that is placed in the chest of a neo-Nazi to replace a heart that no longer functions properly. The children of two people from very different ethnic backgrounds are often stronger, more beautiful and more intelligent than either of their parents. I hope the future brings greater understanding, less hatred, and a dramatic decline in the ignorance that birthed the original idea of "race." We are all one race. God bless, Dave
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Racism, the holy grail of ignorance
10/13/2006 5:42:36 AM
Hello Dave,

You have expressed in your usual articulate manner what a lot of member s here have been trying to say, but didn't have the words.

Racism is indeed 
"an idea is born in ignorance, raised by fear, and fed by agendas that we would do well to avoid. "

Freedom of Speech is a right we have and have fought for in many countries for generations , but it never takes precedence over our obligation to refrain from inciting racial hatred, here at Adland or anywhere else.  People who excercise this freedom, must also take full responsibility for how they use it.

I believe that the general repugnance generated by the issue you mentioned has shown that the majority of members here at least do not support the abuse of that freedom.  And I also believe that forums like this one may well go a little way to help people to increase understanding amongst us.

Love
Jenny

+0
10/13/2006 6:28:31 AM
Hello Dave! 8)

Thank for this enlightening forum. Like I've said in the past, you are one of the wisest men I know.

Thank you once again for always trying to keep Peace in the community.

God bless you my friend!  ;-)

John Sanchez

Taking it to the next level...!

For as Man thinks so is He...!

If you believe in yourself then others will believe in you and it’s then when doors will begin to open for you... JRS ©

If I’m not on your friends list please invite me!

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2006 7:45:09 AM
Thanks for the invite Dave, and thank you for this wonderful post, so needed at this hour. Hope many will drop by and learn a thing or two from this. Bless you dear friend and have a great weekend. Pauline R
+0
10/13/2006 7:51:59 AM
Thank You for a great post my friend.

It seems like some can write what ever they will and call theself christian at the same time. Well, good christians does`nt make post like that and in Adland Pro are all  welcome - if they behave as a serious person.

Take care and keep on with Your good work my friend

Best regards
Arild
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!