Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Racism, the holy grail of ignorance
10/13/2006 1:44:27 PM
ups, I forgot something I wanted to ask!?

The truth is that I don't know what "grail" means (and the net right now works for me only on Adland - I don't know how that comes?! - so I cannot chack it out in the dictionary)...BUT... :-) I don't know what this kind of ignorance has to do with being HOLY?!

With friendship,
Anamaria
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2006 2:35:32 PM
Hi Anamaria, The "Holy Grail" is the legendary cup used at the Last Supper and is thought to have great power. It is something that has been searched for for centuries. Great crusades have gone out searching for it. "The holy grail" has come to mean anything that people search for that has virtually no hope of being found. Racism is something that has arisen from the impossible search to try to prove first of all that different races exist and secondly that one is superior to another. Just like the futile search for the holy grail, whole "scientific" expeditions have gone out to try to prove the superiority of one race over another. Naturally, they have failed. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2006 2:50:16 PM
Hi Arild, Thank you for visiting and posting. One thing needs to be made clear - this forum is not about chastising fellow members of this community, but about educating friends to the truth of the human existence. Also, there is no such thing as a "good Christian." Real Christians are normal people with normal faults and failings who have put their faith in Jesus Christ. Christians make a lot of mistakes, just like everyone else. What is very important to understand about Christianity is that real Christianity is all about love. When a person stumbles or makes a mistake, Christian or not, the heart attitude of the Christian should be to continue loving that person and praying for that person, desiring only what is best for him or her. God bless, Dave
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2006 3:05:22 PM
Hello again Dave.

Thanks for enlightening me :-)
I can see now, what "Holy" has to do with that!
How much difference can make a tiny word like "grail" In fact after chacking the dictionary I find out that it isn't there; so I thank you so very much for the extra explanation. Now, I even could learn :-)

With friendship,
Anamari
+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2006 3:06:45 PM
Hi Dave,

AMEN.  You definitely said it all, and put everything into perspective!

I commend you for articulating this incredible message for the good of all  :-) 

Hugs, Jill
+0