Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: October is almost ready
10/15/2008 2:36:08 PM

Hi Ani,

I love October ... if for nothing other, then - for being born in it.

I didn`t know that your church has Gregorian calender. Seems my Serbian Orthodox and Russian Orthodox church are only two churches that live 2 weeks behind (based on Julian calender).

We celebrate St. Parascheva (who was born as a Serbian) on October 27th, St. Luka on October 31st and St. Dimitrios on November 8th,  St.Georgios on Nov 16, and St. Archangel Michael on Nov.21st.

These are big celebrations here. Each family has it`s patron ... and whole Serbia sings and celebrates almost each day.

I am not too crazy for those customs, but here I live :) ..

Thanks for this great tribute to most amazing month a year, October.

Hugs and blessings!

Branka

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/15/2008 7:56:19 PM

Hi Anamaria,

Thanks my Friend.  As always, so much Wonderful Information on your Beautiful Country.  I appreciate the tour and look forward to the next. 

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: October 14th St. PARASCHEVE
10/21/2008 10:58:47 AM
Hello Joe :-)

You are always welcome to ROMANIA and a
HUG
is always waiting for you! ;-)

With friendship,
Anamaria

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: October 14th St. PARASCHEVE
10/21/2008 11:09:39 AM
Hello Jen :-)

I'm so happy to know you like these kind of threads and posts! This is why I started this forum. There are only bad things said in the news these days!... one can hear about another country when something bad is happening. I guess the only good news are to be listened at SPORT NEWS! Even there we can find out who quarreled with whom and so on ...

I'll do my best to provide you here only the good news - LOL - or my countries genuine history and not the one others what you or me to know!

As on October the 18th we celebrated ST APOSTLE LUCA let me share with you an icon representing him here:

With lots of friendship,
Anamaria
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2008 11:55:41 AM
My DEAREST FRIEND BRANKA :-)

I know we are ahead of you awhile!
We celebrated ST LUCA as I've already told Jen
on 18th of OCTOBER.
... BTW, may be, one day LUKA will also be a famous doctor ...
I'm sure of one thing, no matter he decides to be a doctor or an artist, he will be GOOD at! When some one puts his entire being in what he/she does, it can be ONLY GOOD!
Who knows, he might even be a great doctor while he also is a great artist ;-) ... well, I've got a bit far from the Gregorian and Julian Calendars LOL

I can see your feelings about these celebrations as I feel the same. We also have a few "Saints" which are celebrated as you say: almost nothing else moves on those days. Sometimes I even found myself celebrated despite my own will - LOL on St Mary - August 15th I have an escape as its Alex' birthday ;-)

October is a wonderful month, with so many wonderful people born in, just like yourself and your son, even if his not a SAINT (I guess?! ;-)  )

I'm so happy to have the chance of meeting and knowing you - BOTH!

you may click my hug ;-)

Anamaria

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!