Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Pick your Poison Carefully!
10/7/2006 4:24:24 AM
Greetings, dear friends. The Baby-Boomer market is a massive target industry for the wellness industry. Baby-Boomers have generally lived in much greater luxury than their ancestors, and have experienced much greater freedom to play. As we (yes, I'm another one of them) age, we want to continue to play and enjoy life, yet age DOES take its toll. For this reason, any product that markets itself as a way to live more actively, have more fun, or experience less age-related illnesses or conditions is going to catch our eye. With the huge and booming wellness industry catering to this ever-growing crowd, many of the so-called nutrition companies are simply getting a third-party manufacturer to throw together a bunch of vitamins and minerals so they can flog them as the "best ever" nutrition supplement in a scheme designed to quickly build their bank accounts. I wholeheartedly support the idea of GOOD nutrition/wellness companies developing and marketing GOOD products via a FAIR and REASONABLE compensation plan, but there are very few that really stand out. Most are simply jumping into the wellness industry because it is so big and so rich. One of the best and cheapest ways to market these "new" products is via MLM, or Network Marketing. Rather than putting a huge amount of money up front into massive advertising campaigns and outlets, they develop their marketing plan, bring in some heavy hitters to get the ball rolling, and away they go. Often the members at the top could sell snowballs in Greenland and freezers to store them in! They are quite aware that most people will never sponsor more than three people in their LIFETIME and many will not even sponsor three. Many compensation plans are designed to pay only AFTER the first three are sponsored. Better ones WILL pay immediate commissions on product sold, but that is generally a very small figure, anyway. The largest market, by far, for the vast majority of MLM companies is to wholesale members, not retail customers. An autoship order is generally a requirement in order to earn ANY commissions. These companies develop extremely rich compensation plans banking on the fact that most of the members will never earn a commission larger than a few dollars, making it possible to pay their superstars vast sums of money in exchange for their testimonies of instant wealth. The good news is, laws have been passed making it a lot harder for companies to cheat in this way. It's not legal to develop a compensation plan that can POTENTIALLY pay out more than a government-set percentage of total earnings. The sad thing is that we need these laws in the first place. If folks would just do their due diligence in the first place, they would see through the companies and their inflated compensation plans, and no one would join. God bless, Dave See also Baby Boomers, Scammers and Snake Oil Salesmen
+0
Re: Pick your Poison Carefully!
10/7/2006 4:58:53 AM

Thank you Dave, for this information.

Blanka

+0
Jeffrey Obrien

543 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/7/2006 6:49:59 AM

Dave,

thanks for sharing and being considerate to invite us to learn from it.Again thanks

regards

jeffrey OBrien

+0
10/7/2006 8:50:41 AM
Hi Dave :) thanks for sharing, good information! Have a wonderful weekend :)
+0
10/7/2006 11:13:10 AM
Hi Dave, I try to stay away from this market,as I think if you eat a balanced diet and regular(daily) exercise you really dont need them. You have some good advice for those looking though! Keep up the great work Mate! Thanks Leanne Busby HOW TO....Add your program,biz or resources. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/16256/ShowForum.aspx Tips for Building Your Business http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/14857/ShowForum.aspx Great Jokes http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=6418
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!