Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: GREAT MASTERS OF PAINTING - JOHN CONSTABLE
4/23/2013 1:04:38 AM
Dear friends, just found this video of John Constable's Salisbury Cathedral.

John Constable, "Salisbury Cathedral from the Bishop's Garden"

Subido el 03/08/2010

Google has worked with seventeen art museums, including The Frick Collection and three other US institutions (The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Museum of Modern Art, in New York and, the Freer Gallery of Art, Smithsonian, in Washington D.C.), to create an online resource where visitors can explore museums from around the world, discover and view works of art at very powerful zoom levels, and even create and share their own virtual collections of masterpieces. The results of this global partnership can be explored at googleartproject.com.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/24/2013 1:51:20 AM
And now, dear friends, after this long absence, I would like to post a few of John Constable's masterpieces that I have been able to find during a swift research of the best art websites on the Internet. Let me start with The Hay Wain (1821), one of his best-known paintings, and with another one that is not as well known but I like even more, Dedham Lock and Mill (c. 1820). As usual, you may click on any images to enlarge them.

John Constable - The Hay Wain (oil on canvas, 1821)

John Constable - Dedham Lock and Mill (oil on canvas, c.1820)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/24/2013 2:06:27 AM

Two more works, both of them pretty dramatic, with the sea as real main character.

John Constable - Brighton Beach with Colliers (oil on paper, 1824)

John Constable - Hadleigh Castle (oil on canvas, 1829)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/24/2013 2:28:22 AM
Now two outstanding master works to make a perfect, dramatic duo: their locations were reputedly among Constable's best favorites to both visit and paint.

John Constable - Old Sarum (oil on canvas, 1829)

John Constable - Weymouth Bay ( oil on canvas, c.1829)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/24/2013 2:54:58 AM
To finish (for now), three precious watercolors painted relatively early in life by John Constable, all three of a religious character (yes, even the one at the bottom if you look carefully).

John Constable - East Berholt Church (watercolor on paper, 1811)

John Constable - East Bergholt Church, Looking Out the South Archway of the Ruined Tower
(
watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, 1808)

John Constable - Dedham Church and Valey (pen, ink, watercolor on paper, 1800)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!