Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A (New?) Virus Disease at Adland!!
2/6/2007 4:05:37 PM
Jenny and all,

I like forums like these, but I wish there was no need for them.  The reality is that when ever you mix immaturity or arrogance and possesiveness with desperation, you will have conflict.  I teach my children, "Is it better to be right or happy?".  I don't teach them to cowar to others, but to think about what ever has been presented before them.  Does it matter to be right?  Sometimes, but can you turn a speeding locomotive to go the way you are going?  First you have to convice the engineer to apply the brakes, etc.  Once the steam is settled, then you can start working on going the other direction.

I get lots of friend invitations.  Some are just blanks, some are friendly warm fuzzy jewels, but some are blatant advertisment books.  I know that if I were to respond with "Don't send me that junk!", I would end up having to block that person.  Then the propogation of other "get back" at me will occur.  So, how do I handle "being right or being happy"?  I simply delete and look for the next jewel.  Makes me happy!  I don't respond to forums that have irked me.  It is their right to post what ever they want and thus, I simply move on.

My Mom always use to tell us kids....

Birds of a feather, flock together.

I am so glad I'm part of this flock here.

:)

Cheer up!  Things are getting better every day.

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2007 4:10:08 PM
I forgot to acknowledge something....

I cannot remember all the points in this forum, but one that really stood out to me was Arthur's;

If you....  Don't Post.....

That list pretty much sums up my activity here.

Thanks Arthur!

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
2/6/2007 4:42:04 PM

Hi Jenny:

I read 21 pages of your forum. By the time I finish here, I am sure there will be more to review.

I am inspired by this display of unity, the sence of fraternity and certianly the chairty expressed.

The humor still has me laughing out loud.

If I may, I would like to offer the following, please.

There are times that I allow the Interns at TGAMM FM to list replys for me, post our music events and make a comment or two.

My directive, which was not adhered to only on one occassion last year, is not to engage in that which is not positive in its application; to stay on trac with the business at hand.

When I post, there are a few things that motivate me, business, news, music, and humor. With this one, I found them all. I also enjoy threads and or forums that are not like the others one might encounter. Such is the case with the one you and Rose created where you display arts and crafts. For myself, and our Interns, those are liken to spending your lunch break at the local museum, as opposed to sitting at your desk trying not to get crumbs in between the keys of your keyboard.

To continue, and if I may be so bold, I saw a reply where someone noted that they listen to music when at their computer station. I will leave you a radio for your listening pleasure.

Aside from Taj Mahal, ( Jenny's favorite ) we also play 1,000's of tunes for our listeners.

To close, may each of you here be blessed with an understanding heart, a mind filled with the power to embrace what forgiveness can bring back into one's life, and a body protected from the virus described here.

All the best...

Joe Buccheri

REACH OUT TO ME AND LETS BE FRIENDS

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2007 7:09:37 PM
Hi Joe D,

Nice to see someone looking at this forum - to know it is still valid.

It was posted in September last year, in order to get some perfectly reasonable to go back to being perfectly reasonable and put a bit of humour into the situation.

And do I agree with you!  Arthur's list of DONT post if....  is brilliant and should be studied by all members of ALP!

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2007 7:20:56 PM
Hello Mr. Buccieri, Sir! or should I just say Joe B? lol

I am honoured to read your post on this humble forum.  If we all did as you did - spread positivity, good will, combined with a dose of  due diligence and keeping on track with the business at hand - there wouldn't be any need for forums like this.

However,  we have to be realistic - we all screw up at times!  So then we need to rediscover our sense of humour, turn on the radio and Think before we Post. 
And if we screw up online - read the 22? pages of this forum - by that time we will have forgotten what it was that we were going to post anyway!

We still get the odd outbreak of the IPF Virus from time to time but humour, music and a bit of common sense is the best cure that I know!

Thanks for your wise and thoughtful words.

Love
Jenny

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!