Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A (New?) Virus Disease at Adland!!
9/27/2006 2:10:21 PM
Hi Charles,

No problem.  This forum is as good as any place to ask your question about forum use.  Bill has already explained some of the many uses of forums.

In this big and awesome place called AdlandPro there are many different types of forums.  There are many network marketing forums, auto surf forums, MLM forums, there are inspirational forums, techinical forums,forums for arts and crafts, politics, poetry, health and wellness, forums to introduce members or honour them, "magazine" forums.....  The list is infinite.

In the forum section (click at top of page) the forum categories are listed.  Some, like Bill's forums, are in thier category, as is, for example Rose Enderud's Artshow Forum (which I unashamedly advertise LOL).  Others are threads of forums that were originally in their category, but have gone "off topic" because the forum owners have a limit to the numbers of categories they can have, depending on their membership level.    It is a bit of a mish mash, but you get used to it in the end.

I personally use Adland to promote my own angel web site, Alas y Cia., Granada,, through my signature link,  to work on the arts and crafts sections and to join discussions with friends.  Others have different reasons and many are heavily involved in network marketing.  I am probably one of a large minority, in my use of Adland.

The messages advising of forums and posts basically to help you to find out what is going on and to follow the forums as are the pop ups.

I suggest you take Bill's advice and just "relax and enjoy".

You can also use forum posts to bring your friends a great song!!

click on duck

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/1/2006 12:45:48 AM

Hello Jenny!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  Your forum is the funniest ever, but unfortunately very true.

If you don't like what someone says, then just do not reply.  Ignore.  Negative arguments never lead to anything constructive and it serves to make the community lose its credibility. 

There has been a lot of childish behavior going on for quite some time and not just with the group in question.  There are quite many kindergarteners that never grew up in this community.  Let us act like adults and be professional, as this community calls for.

And if in a moment of anger you lose control, write insulting comments and then get a muscle spasm in your posting finger causing you to post, there are always the words "I'm Sorry."

Besos  MUAH!

Luellita and John Elliott, aka Oaky wood

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/2/2007 12:17:04 PM
Jenny, This is a serious disease. Highly contagious and could disrupt your whole life. If one has compulsive syndrome, then posting becomes addictive. Addiction is dangerous as it could cost you your livehood, family relationships, misplaced values, trusting the wrong people, your marriage, loss of sleep and rest, peace of mind. This is dangerous to the posting finger and to the people who are then affected. Who ever gave anyone the impression that posting often, having the symbol "Power Member", having the symbol POTW, or anyother symbol under their picture means that they arre successful. At what? You got it .....they are successful at displaying the Virus Disease you have mentioned here. At times, I simply remove myself from here, go for a walk, contact a live friend, go to work, and do some other things. My address is not 328 Adlandpro Dr, Adlandpro, Ohio USA.
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/21/2007 8:32:05 PM
Hello Again,

It was such a long ago that this forum was started  that I had to reread it all before replying.   It is interesting to see that we still need to pay attention to those impulsive posting fingers!  It is not a virus that cure's itself

Taking responsibility for what you post is such an important issue. and this goes for  everything that we post. - PMs  and IM's included. ( just as much damage can be done behind the scenes). 

A lot was said about the way we post, but one thing has stood out in my mind - it was true then and is true now (I have depersonalised the quote)

Comments made from the safety of your computer  "may not only cause public embarassment, but they can change people's lives too!  Some may even go as far as committing suicide or have health issues due the amount of stress  they create."

So I can only reiterate - THINK BEFORE YOU POST  and then assume responsibility for the consequences of what you have said.

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/22/2007 3:39:09 PM
Hi, Jenny, This is certainly a long lived forum. One of the things which I am more and more horrified at is the fact that there are members out there who feel it is their bounden duty to be offended on behalf of somebody else that they think has been slighted and other members who feel that whatever is said - IT GIVES OFFENCE. I am put in mind of the cretins who promote political correctness (an oxymoron if ever I saw one!) and who now tell us we no longer live in Anno Domini (AD) but the Common Era (CE). Surprisingly enough, it is the Christians who take and often give the most offense. They seem to be running rampant, here at Adland, reaching for their quotation thesaurus to produce an apposite Biblical text to highlight the error of the offenders ways and to advertise their own back channels into the mind and intentions of their chosen deity. How DARE anybody choose to claim that the holy book that they profess to read and to live by has any more validity than any other holy book? Do unto others as would would have them do unto you. (The Torah, Leviticus 19:18, Mahabharata 5:15:17, Confuscius, Hillel, Luke 6:31, Muhammad in the Farewell Sermon - in case you want to check some of the sources and so that you can see I, too, can read holy books.) As long as readers decide to be offended, offense will be given - it is innevitable! Where do people get off? This, surprisingly enough, is a community of adults. We are all supposed to be big enough and ugly enough to look after ourselves. We are all supposed to accept that dialogue requires two participants (as a minimum) and that, for it to be of value, we must be honest with each other. I am put in mind of something that I was told as I was waiting to be collected after I was blown off my feet and badly injured by a grenade - "If you can't take a joke - you shouldn't have joined!" If you are in high dugeon - DON'T POST If you don't want to be challenged - DON'T POST If you can't stand criticism - DON'T POST If you know all the answers - DON'T POST If you think Fred was slighted - DON'T POST on his behalf If you can't enounce without insults - DON'T POST If you can only quote others - DON'T POST If you have nothing to say - DON'T POST IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A LIVELY AND FRUITFUL CONVERSATION, DISCUSSION AND/OR ARGUMENT - POST YOUR LITTLE HEART OUT AND HOPE THAT YOU WILL GET VALID AND REASONABLE REPLIES. In a live conversation it is often heard of someone "I can't believe he/she said that!" Hey! Smell the roses! He/she DID say that - now you need to discover why - not go off in a sulk like some puling idiot. This is the time to get the conversation serious! A forum is an exchange - get out of it what you will - put into it what you can - take offense at nothing, rather try to understand the lack within the offense giver. Arthur
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!