Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: 12DP Sept 1 Report from the Receiver. Please read. (Newbies Especially)
9/20/2006 12:40:14 AM

Brilliant Linda!

I am not quite sure of the law this side of the pond BUT we have seen the news of Google having to get it's act together to try and clean up the false click-rates that these schemes perpetuate.

These schemes are ILLEGAL as they form part of attempts to defraud companies of advertising funds through false claims.  You participate - then you are part of the fraud.  Simple.

Re. Adland, I am afrad I have done the last resort which is to now block ANYONE who tries to send me a Get-Rich-Quick Scheme - and not just on PM's. 

As you so correctly point out - there ain't no such animal as a Get Rich Quick Scheme - except sometimes for the shifty person who creates it in the first place and gets a few bucks and gets out leaving others to hold the baby!

Keep up the good work - and we should all just block these people out - and we know who they are don't we?

Cheers,

Norm

Norm Clark
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/20/2006 7:19:36 AM

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the update. I'll pass the info on to my friends list.
Too many believe stuff like this is legit. When they are really
pretty much ALL trash.

Angela

Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/20/2006 8:32:54 AM
Wow Linda this is very heavy stuff. I was not a member of 12 dailypro so I have no clue as to what this is about. So what sites are good to use & what sites aren't good to use? This I guess would be the big Question. Thank you so much for sharing this information. I will be bookmarking you & shall return to learn more then ever.
Have a great day! Much to your sucess  :)
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/20/2006 8:47:43 AM
Hi Kathy,
the sad thing about this speific online disaster was that it negatively impacted people who had neve partiipated in it or even heard of it.
It was responsible for the downfall of Storm Pay as a payment processor and held up money paid out for subscriptions using funds that had been earned from payout made by them.
Some smaller programs had to shut down altogether.
+0
9/20/2006 10:03:02 AM

Hi!

Joyce, you make good points, as you usually do! The Receiver's report said that Stormpay was listed in the case alongside of 12DP because the majority of Stormpay's business was 12DP. In less than a year, 12DP pulled in over 500 MILLION - with most of that going through Stormpay.

But yes, there were a few small businesses using Stormpay that were not part of 12DP and they lost access to funds. A lot of those people have filed their names with the Receiver to see if they can recoup their losses. I hope they can.

You're right, Kathy - It's very heavy stuff! One of the huge, huge red flags that a lot of people ignored was that bigger payment processors - like Paypal, for example - prohibited 12DP and programs like it. When a company the size of Paypal says 'you can NOT use our billing service for "abc" - that's a red flag that should not be ignored.

: )
Linda

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!