Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: 12DP Sept 1 Report from the Receiver. Please read. (Newbies Especially)
9/20/2006 1:20:15 PM
WOW like you stated Linda thats Big stuff. I'm glad I'm not involved in it. Are there more we need to be aware of?
+0
9/21/2006 12:49:29 AM

Not quite in the same situation, but I would advise that PayPal is being targeted by con-men at this time - or at least here in Europe.

These cons. are literally attempts at phishing (identity theft).  They look like official PayPal communications - they even carry the warnings for crying out loud!

They always ask for an update on your account stating there has been 'an unusual amount of activity on your account -we strongly suggest you change your password'  then you are directed through a link that agin looks exactly like a Paypal site - where they ask for all your details again - e.g. credit card, address - and even your bank account number and security code.

Note - whenever you get an e-mail purporting to be from PayPal - and assuming you have a PayPal account ALWAYS check with your account as this isthe ONLY place PayPal will put messages to you.

I have complete faith in PayPal, and on the one occasion in which I was defrauded by a dodgy trader, I was completely recompensed by the Company, and the trader was deleted and stopped from trading.

When in any doubt you can always check with the company directly - but NEVER provide any information in response to an e-mail contact.

Norm Clark
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/21/2006 12:37:23 PM

Hello Linda,
One thing I have learned, if it sounds to good to be true, you can bet that it is!
I've grasped at straws out of desperation and get burned in the process.
I did not take part in this program, knock on wood.
Thanks for the info on this one.
Blessings,
Mary

+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/24/2006 9:36:13 AM

"Note - whenever you get an e-mail purporting to be from PayPal - and assuming you have a PayPal account ALWAYS check with your account as this isthe ONLY place PayPal will put messages to you."
That's a very good point Norm. NEVER click on a link you get in an email when it comes to things like this. ALWAYS go to the source directly and check.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!