Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Bill Clinton Dropped the Ball
9/22/2006 9:49:34 AM
Hi All,

Well I see that the discussion continues.  I think there are quite a few of us at Adland who could take advantage of classes in both Reading Comprehension and Anger Management LOL    A discussion like this achieves far more if everyone reads the posts and also if we do not reply until we have calmed down a little.  LOL

Right, that said, I am posting because I noted the source for Norman's article "CIA World Country Watch"!    And also because the only Romanian member parpticipating in this forum has expressed her view that this is not perhaps a balanced view of the situation, past and present, in Romania. 

For many generations, the people of Romania have sufferred a great deal of economic hardship, under the various regimes that have controlled their country.  The picture set by the CIA report may be factually correct as to the names and historical order of these regimes, but it does not, I believe, reflect their varying levels of acceptance and popularity  by the majority of the Romanian population.  It is just as important to be factually correct when talking about smaller countries as it is when we speak of large more powerful ones.

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/22/2006 10:14:54 AM
Thank you Jenny for your understanding and support!
I don't want to get into this more than I did; I see that it's needed some more education here! I only hope that those rushing to write unrealistic conclusions, based on half truth are going to read and learn!

Romanian people were not boren out of nowhere in 1859!!! They are coming and our history is way back in the acient Roman Empire!

We never went against other countries terithories; they were after ours! Never in the history were all the romanians alowed to be under the same State!

Did you know that every Romanian and Moldavian citisen while learning to speak is going to speak two languages at the same time?! ... Romanian and Moldavian! In fact they are the same language!!!! It was very funny to see a Romanian-Moldavian dictionary! This would be like a Spanish-Argentinian (for instance) one! They differ in melody! LOL

I will now stop here and will be back with some more threads in my Romania forum! I invite you all there to read and to learn.

With friendship,
Anamaria
+0
9/22/2006 12:36:04 PM

Dear Jenny,

I now feel somewhat aggrieved at being accused of lying and somehow being prejudiced against Rumania - not true.  However I feel that Anna-Marie is in denial of facts - something incidentally that the Hungarians are not guilty of.

She states that the 'The West sold them out'.  How?  She denies that they were part of the Nazi axis - again something the Hungarians do not do.  She denies that Rumanians were part of invasion forces against Russia - again untrue.  The CIA report is quite clear, and backed up by other historical documents. I did not write the CIA document - so they are not my words.

Be that as it may - I stated that Rumania is one of the most corrupt countries in the world, and I stand by that.  I also stated that I believe the place to be fascist - and I also stand by that.

Note the 'European Parliament Report - Romania'

Session document on Romania's progress towards accession.

Page 5/6 reads (in part)

Political situation and criteria

1) Deplores that despite progress in a number of areas, Romania currently faces serious difficulties in fulfilling the requirements of the political Copenhagen criteria; states that finalising accession negotiations at the end of 2004 and becoming a member in 2007 is impossible unless Romania fully implements the following:

- anti-corruption measures - especially at the political level and implementaing anti-corruption laws.

- independence and functioning of the judiciary, especially limiting the powers of the Ministry of Justice and providing more resources to the judiciary.

- freedom of the media, especially taking decisive action against the harassment an intimidation of journalists and curbing the economic control of the media which has resulted in self-censorship.

- measures to stop ill-treatment at police stations, starting wth the publication of the 2002 report of the Council of Europe's Committee for the Prevention of Torture on the conditions at police stations.

The report continues with other comments about disabled people and children, which you can read for yourselves. All sounds pretty fascist to me.

(The document is downloadable in .pdf and has 27 pages)

Again these are NOT my words, but I submit they do support my statement about Romania.  I DO NOT LIE! - and there is no quicker way to get me angry that to be accused of that.

I have every sympathy with the Romanians living under the conditions - but that does not change the facts and the reports of two pretty high-flying organisations, and NOT a single person's opinion - either mine or anyone else's.

Denying the alliance with the Nazis does not hold up if you view the Armistice Document which can be viewed on http://www.yale.edu site (another reasonably placed source?).  If you want even more grisly details then look up Holocaust in Romania.

Anna-Marie - I can see how you read that I was 'bored' in Hungary.  What I was trying to say that it was boring for others for me to trot out details of my lives in other countries of which Hungary was one of 10 (Sorry Neil).  As I went there three times for total of five years, I think that speaks for itself.

Neil will undoubtedly attribute that to my inability to articulate - should keep him happy for five minutes?

Norm Clark
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: BS
9/22/2006 4:41:25 PM
Robin, Robin, Robin 1. You are a hypocrite as you say: "personal attacks are just out of line here" THEN YOU say I "assumed" when I had not as I had said 'THE ODDES ARE" AND: You told me I am arrogant. BOTH are ATTACKS! Then you say: "Oh, and kudos on turning this into the Neil Reinhardt show!" Which is another attack. And AFTER I point out how your POOR reading skills caused you to ASSUME I had said something I had not, did you admit your error? Well, of course you did NOT! I give as damn less "what you take to heart" I just respond to thing which are incorrect or lies or whatever. YOU, and/or others who do not like what I say. DO NOT READ IT! Or is that too difficult for you to comprehend? Neil ----------- And I see someone is telling a highly intelligent and very well educated person who LIVES IN Romania how life is in Romania. What a joke! I will chose to believe AnaMarie on that.
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Robin McLean

158 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: BS
9/22/2006 5:31:29 PM
Hi, Neil: It didn't feel nice, did it? Just a little something for you to think about, buddy. Have a great weekend! Hugs, Robin
Yuwie - The Place for Fun,Friends,Earning $$$ http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=37246 Internet Marketing Ctr. (IMC) http://www.marketingtips.com/mailloop/t.x/929392 Marketing Leverage Systems http://www.mlswealth.com Agent ID#: MLS2126
+0