Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fibrofog
5/3/2007 12:16:19 AM
Thanks for sharing your experiences with fibrofog. Your recovery can give hope to others who suffer from this symptom. Your recommendations are a good place to start. It seems true that doctors don't know how to treat a lot of conditions. If tests do not clearly identify the problem there doesn't seem to be a solution that they are willing to recommend. This is certainly true for symptoms of fibromyalgia.
DonnaZ
+0
Lisa Robertson

26 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/6/2007 1:30:14 AM
Hello again Donna,
I think that 'Fibro fog' hits us all differently. I get that feeling a lot because of my IBS medications! Sometimes I can not remember whole days but I can not afford the alternative meds and my doctors give me strong meds due to my intestinal spazms. I get them at least 2-3 times a day. If I don't take the meds I end up in the hospital by the end of the day.

I hope that one day it will be more accepted!

Thanks for sharing!
Smiles,
Lisa Robertson
www.diabeteswatch.bravehost.com
www.findingfriends.braveblog.com
Lisa Robertson
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/7/2007 12:08:25 AM
Hi Lisa, I have IBS too so know just what you mean by the intestinal spasms. I get them periodically, not every day like you do. I just got over a bout of diarrhea and still have the IBS symptoms, including spasms. I don't know what caused it this time. I have been using a fiber I found on the internet and it seems to lessen the frequency of problems. If you are interested in getting a link just let me know. I am not an affiliate so don't have a vested interest in the products! I get the fibrofog only occasionally, so am lucky in that regard. I am more likely to get the tremendous fatigue that goes along with fibromyalgia. DonnaZ
+0
Lisa Robertson

26 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/7/2007 12:58:51 AM
Hello Donna,
Thanks for sharing. I also get great fatiuge but mine is due to a blood disorder. I think that all my illnesses are connected and though I am not a doctor I have gone through my share of health issues. I think I know more then the average person and learning daily.

I would love that link thanks again for sharing.
Smiles,
Lisa Robertson
www.diabeteswatch.bravehost.com
www.findingfriends.braveblog.com
www.free-chat-line.com/index2.html
Lisa Robertson
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/7/2007 1:16:56 AM
Hi Lisa, I get acacia fiber from Heather's Tummy Care. I also use the tea bags occasionally..the fennel, and recently, the peppermint. I also buy the peppermint capsules. I really recommend the fiber. It seems to help me more than the types you can buy in stores. They ship really fast, too, which helps when I forget to order a few days before I am out of the fiber. Here is the best link, which goes right to her store: http://www.helpforibs.com/shop/ I hope the fiber can be of help to you. I started out very slowly with about 1/2 tsp. daily for about a week. Then I increased it to 1 tsp. daily for another week or so. Then 1 tsp. twice daily. Now most days I take 2 tsp. twice a day. I dissolve it in ice tea or juice. You just add a tiny bit of liquid to the fiber, mix it well, then add more liquid. It tends to be hard to dissolve. DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!