Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Not My Opinion!
8/23/2006 11:44:12 PM

HI Nick,

I already knew that the sentiments in the article were not yours...I know how you believe! Thanks for posting your Big Blue Marble poem...that is one of my favorite ones that you have written! I love it...my feelings as well!

Mike, thanks for your response to me. We do not have to agree...it is okay to agree to disagree...as I always say! I respect your opinions whether I agree with them or not. Remember though that the country that you say your family fought for back hundreds of years ago wasn't theirs either. This country was stolen from the Indians! So we are all foreigners here really unless you are an American Indian! It's funny how people forget that though...all our families came here from other countries.

As far as children not being able to say "The Pledge" anymore or pray in school, I agree with you there. I think that is wrong, but that didn't start because of people from other countries! That started because of the number of Godless people in this country. They are the same one's that want the motto "In God We Trust" taken off of money. 

Merry Christmas to my knowledge has never been forbidden to say...they use Season's Greetings now so that it covers people of all faiths because of all the different holidays that coincide with Christmas. I personally do not see a problem with that...Season's Greetings has always been another term that we all used anyway, but now it also includes other religions and cultures.

Just something to think about! Take care my friend!

God Bless,

Marilyn

Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/24/2006 12:15:31 AM

Hi Marilyn!

You know what they say " If you do not have the time, do not discuss religion or politics" Amen!

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
8/25/2006 11:44:38 AM

While I agree with some of the things you write.  Each respecting others and all are God's children; I have a statement to make.  Yes, we should try and understand all cultures and accept what we can of their beliefs and customs but we do not have to conform to their ways, America is FREE.  At least for the time being.  What I do not understand is why other cultures, other religions, want to become American citizens or were born as such do not want to accept American customs and religions.  Our nation was built upon "One Nation Under God" and now we cannot even exhibit our basic religious beliefs because we offend those who do not accept our Christian God.  My ancestors came to America in the 1600's and have toiled, laboured and established themselves to earn an honest living from very hard work.  They helped to build this nation by blood, sweat and tears.  Now, their decendants have to fight to keep their heritage and religious rights.  We have a culture also and when you come to America (no matter what race or society or culture is your background) be a little respectful of us 'good ole Americans' who just happened to be born here and have our own traditions that WE WOULD LIKE TO KEEP!

I do not mean any disrespect to you nor any other, I accept all honest, loving, and forgiving persons for who they are and not what religion or culture.  I believe in my God, Jesus His Son, and the Holy Spirit; I don't know anything else and I am very happy with my belief.

Thank you and God Bless America,

+0
8/25/2006 11:53:08 AM

Nick,

That is a wonderful poem!  It says a lot that folks need to listen to and rectify.  God certainly supplies you with 'words.'  Thank you for sharing,

Sara

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/25/2006 2:01:15 PM

There are similar things happening in USA.  Last Christmas, a few national stores including Walmart and Lowe's, under some ridiculous politically correct pressure, decided to use the phrase "Holiday Trees".  Then lots of shoppers boycotted them until they put up big signs outside their stores saying "Christmas Trees!"  So group pressure DOES work from both sides!

The 1st Amendment to the USA Constitution protects our freedom of speech, so why are other Americans trying to tell us what to say or write?  Besides, if kids can't pray in public schools, why does some of our money still have "In God We Trust" printed on it?  Why are people in court supposed to put their right hand on the Bible before giving testimony?  I'm a Christian and if I say I pray in the shower, will the city-owned water company shut off my water?  I've heard that over 80% of Americans are of Judeo-Christian belief system, why let 20% non-believers tell the majority what we can do or say?

People need to be firm about their beliefs and not let anyone tell us we can't say "Merry Christmas" or any other religious greeting.  I attended Philadelphia area schools and they also were closed during Jewish holidays because of the large Jewish population there.  We are all here together and none of us wants our holidays squashed under political correctness.

Some schools are making Spanish a mandatory class now, and during parents meetings, they will hand out papers printed in Spanish for parents who don't read English.  I've heard that some people of Mexican descent in the southwest and of Cuban descent in Miami who have been here for 25-30 years still don't speak English, they don't have to because they're in heavily Spanish-speaking communities. 

I don't have any problems about new immigrants, but everyone who came here in the history of North America before now, from anyplace they came from, had to learn English.  If our grandparents and great-grandparents accomplished it without help from watching television or from government programs, I have faith that the new Spanish-speaking immigrants can do it, too!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!