Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Garden Friends-Welcome to the Garden
8/19/2006 7:24:32 AM

Leanne,

I found several picturers of the blue fairy wren.  They precede that with "Supurb" and I also found the varigateted (many colors) fairy wren.  They are beautiful and one site explains the varied sounds of the  blue fairy wren....noisy  little guys huh?

http://cloisonne.heywoodenamels.com/panel_repousse_superb_blue_fairy_wren.html

http://www.birdsofperth.com/terrestrials/wrens/SFW.html

Thanks for sharing Leanne.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/19/2006 7:31:58 AM

Fredia,

Glad you stopped in to meet our garden friends. My guess is that the construction noises will keep many friends away.  When all quiets down you will find out who likes to feed and nest in "mother nature's nest".

I don't think I have any Adlandpro friends from Wisconsin but I do have a friend who was raised in Wisconsin near the Illinois border just above Rockford.  Where she lived with her grandmother is now a state park so that part of the State has a place set apart to provide a safe haven for God's creatures to live safely.

Your description of the view from your window was nicely written and gave quiet to my spirit. Thanks for stopping in. 

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/19/2006 7:46:04 AM

Hi Dave,

The honeyeaters are a large family I see.

http://photogallery.canberrabirds.org.au/Honeyeaters.htm

The beaks are not as long as the humingbird because the little one needs room for the fast beating wings. Both are doing the same work of pollinating the flowers.

You have beautful birds visiting your garden.  Thanks for sharing the images with us. Come back often

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2006 7:54:02 PM
Here it is Oct.1st and I have a new residence, new gardens, and yes new friends. A mother Swan and her drake saunder into my yard with their 4 young. When we visited this mobile home park last June we observed her sitting on a nest with the Drake acting as a sentry. They had pulled reeds to make the nest and that left an opening for the drake to swim in a circle on his 24 hr. vigil hidden in the reeds. My new residence also has been visited by ducks which also wander through the mobile homes and live on the reservoir. The previous owners left a number of mum plants which are now blooming profusly. I am not sure what visitors will be attracted to this garden of mums. Beause my new garden surrounds my mobile home and is more landscaped I think the visitors will be fewer.
+0
10/2/2006 8:07:48 PM
 Hi Mary,

I missed your posts for over a month it seems.

Was getting worried that you were absent from Adland for so long.

Hope you really enjoy your new residence.  Welcome back.

Wayne

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!