Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Artshow please contribute and enjoy
5/29/2008 5:10:26 AM
Hi, I am a professional artist. I don't know how to get my pis up here, but here is where they can be seen... www.kre8or.etsy.com and www.Godsart.etsy.com Thank you Rose! You are doing an awesome job with this... I love your paintings too! Blessings ~Sharon
Sharon Marston Professional Artist www.kre8or.etsy.com www.godsart.etsy.com Mia Bella Gourmet Candles... www.shanban.scent-team.com
+0
J
J D

3 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/22/2008 9:42:34 AM

Bonjour Rose!

I'm new here and saw your space for artwork.  I love your use of color.  I too paint landscapes and scenes viewed through my mind's eye.  Here's a shot of one of my oil paintings that I completed in France.  The name is "La" and it is full of deep and personal meaning and symbolism.  Hope you enjoy it!

It's great to find a community as supportive as this one.  Thanks for helping create a space on here for artists.

Take care and keep on painting!

Jim Ditto

+0
J
J D

3 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/24/2008 10:22:19 PM

Thanks Rose,

Unfortunately I've recently moved from Seattle and don't have photos here in New York of my paintings back home.  I should be getting some soon, though, so I'll be sure to keep you posted, as it would be my honor to let you exhibit some images of my work.

Are oils the only medium you work in?  I draw as well, but most definitely prefer oils.  There is just so much you can do with them.  It seems to me that you can duplicate any visual effect with them and the fact that they take so long to dry means that you can move them around until you get just the look you want.  As I have travelled (particularly in Paris and London), I have found myself most deeply moved by artists who have chosen our particular medium.  One of my favorites in London was Delaroche's The Execution of Lady Jane Grey in the National Museum.  The realism and size are amazing, but the overall feeling in the painting makes you want to hold everyone in that room.  There isn't so much suffering as there is misfortune.

http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/cgi-bin/WebObjects.dll/CollectionPublisher.woa/wa/zoomImage?workNumber=NG1909&collectionPublisherSection=work

I think that that's been my favorite thing about spending time in the big cities is the art.  The last time I was in Paris I had 5 weeks to walk around and see all of the museums.  Hands down, my favorite is the Musee D'Orsay with all of the impressionist works and Art Nouveau.  Though I've never formally studied art, I can't deny having been influenced by what I've seen.  And it is truly a different thing to have seen them in person.  Like your work, I'm sure the photos barely do the paintings justice.  I can certainly attest to that for my own.

Keep painting!

Jim

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!