Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: This is kind of sad, really. You think?
10/10/2006 10:49:12 AM

Hi Linda,

Well said, I agree with with what you saying. We need to learn how to prepare ourselves for operating a business.

Although"working at home in your pj's" is a much abused by advertised ads, as a home based business you'll begin to realize how fulfilling and motivating it can be to be your own boss if you set your own goals, and work in line with your passion or what you really want to do in your business life.

Be careful about spending time adopting all the written publish information find good sources such as liberary, well known entrepreneur magazine, trade and franchise books, research the industries, found your targarted audiences,  plan to educate yourself first . Be careful, if you don't you'll end up doing nothing and will soon be back in the same beat up and wounded place you started from the over exhaustion from going nowwhere.

Best regards,

Christine

www.aweber.com/?284980
+0
11/6/2006 11:24:59 PM
I still believe "working at home in your pj's" is a way to go but as long as people have the employee mindset, it is not gonna work for them. Every business needs capital and planning. That's why 95% of small businesses failed within their first year. Same goes to MLM. Azlan
Download a FREE video series on how to build your websites from scratch and start profiting from it => http://www.azlankasim.net
+0
11/7/2006 3:26:27 AM

Hi;

================
I still believe "working at home in your pj's" is a way to go but as long as people have the employee mindset, it is not gonna work for them.

Every business needs capital and planning. That's why 95% of small businesses failed within their first year. Same goes to MLM.

================

I half agree. lol.

I'm all for the "working at home in your pj's" part... I've been self employed since 1985. Lots of days I do work in pj's. Heh...

Every business needs planning. Agreed again. As they say, failing to plan is the same as planning to fail. However, when it comes to capital, it's easier than ever to start a business without capital today. In over 20 years, I have never paid for an ad. Ever.

Today, an entrepreneur can build a website and go into business for the cost of a domain name and hosting. They could, feasibly, do it for under $150/year. But, the tradeoff for capital is knowledge.

Money and time are both commodities. When we do not have one, we can spend the other. If an entrepreneur learns to build a website and get PR, those are  two major hurdles they can cross - without cash.

For offline businesses, yes, lack of capital is the number one reason they fail. For online businesses, the number one reason is lack of knowledge/skills.

There are many many companies promoting the hype that people can make money without doing anything, without learning anything, and sometimes without even selling. This is not even remotely close to reality. Unless it's an illegal ponzi, like the whole 12DP debacle, of course. But that's a whole different kettle of fish.

: )
Linda

+0
11/7/2006 3:29:27 AM
Hahaha Linda. How I envy you. Although my day-job is heaven sent, I still hope to today be my own boss... :D
Download a FREE video series on how to build your websites from scratch and start profiting from it => http://www.azlankasim.net
+0
11/7/2006 3:45:52 AM

====================
Hahaha Linda. How I envy you. Although my day-job is heaven sent, I still hope to today be my own boss
====================

Based on what I see, I believe you will get there!

Many here won't... they are not receptive to learning and changing their methods. You - yes, I think you'll get there. If you want some tips to keep pushing you along, I'd be happy to offer some. Just post links to all the sites you have so I can have a look.

: )
Linda

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!