Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ricardo Alcaraz

203 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: This is kind of sad, really. You think?
7/27/2006 5:15:27 AM

Hello Linda,

Thank you for pointing this out. I agree with what you said.

Add to that the many voices that are speaking different ideas, and the possibility to inaccurate advice is multiplied many times over.

Also, newcomers to the world of online earning are encouraged to position themselves as experts. Sound advice ... if you really are an expert.

It's time to apply some practical wisdom to how we conduct ourselves online. I mean we do it offline. Why abandon our marbles online, right?

Cheers,

Ricardo

+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/27/2006 6:54:53 AM

Hi Norm,

The internet is a fantastic device. However, it is open to all the hijackers and spoof-artists as well as the decent folk who are offering good information. So-called "Gurus" abound. I get so much rubbish sent my way. It is like having a pile of cowshit dumped on your head at regular intervals. It smells and you just have to keep brushing it off.

Excuse moi for the lingo. But, just because something is published on the internet doesn't make it part of the Gospel. Heck, most of what IS on the internet is indeed - TRASH! You therefore need to be a good sifter.

With regard to "pay to surf" scams - they are just more trash. If anybody spent just one nanosecond to think about it then they would realise that almost all of them are fraudulent time wasters designed to take money out of your wallet or purse and place it into somebody else's. I detest frauds.

Unfortunately, so many people are lured by the tantalising promises of big bucks for zilch effort. THAT is just pure garbage.

Gee... trash, garbage and junk seem to feature a lot in my language of late. Unfortunately, Norm, all the dingoes (wolves - US and Canada) are circling. They are getting bolder and more and more desperate for fresh meat. Fresh meat on the internet = newbies and suckers.

Is anybody else sick and tired of getting the latest - teleseminar-you've-gotta-get-on-this-call hype? I get about a dozen a week. Almost as many as the join my matrix sect.

I don't give a flying fig about the Yannick Golbergers and the Jerry Jeff Pauls and the Mark Joint Smokers of this world. They can use all the social engineering techniques they like and none of them are gonna work. Well, not on me anyway. Obviously, like the perennial Nigerian letters, they are working on some folk. Then it just gets harder for the Real McCoys to maintain their credibility.

I believe in working hard and working smart and offering value. That is how you get ahead. Not by being some sort of false god or recommended by some dickhead from dickheadsville. Oh dear, blame that gaffe on my red wine. Pepperjack. Quite a nice drop, in fact.

Some time ago Linda put out the call for ANYBODY at Adland to prove their pudding. Nobody nominated themselves. How sad. Hundreds, in fact, thousands, of people are therefore FAKING it. Is that fair? Is it honest?

I don't think so.

I value an exchange of ideas and information so much more highly than an offer to join some goofy, kooky Waldo Pepper scheme.

Ouch, I just sprained my ankle jumping down off the soapbox.

Gary

+0
7/27/2006 7:49:59 AM

Hey Gary,

'Pepperjack' that's a new one on me - where's it from?

I have just knocked over my daily half-bottle (Liar! - my wife screams at me!) of Merlot, and am about to subside on the settee to watch an energetic film - probably one of the new Sharpe TV series I have just purchased, during which time I will probably doze and behave as a gent of my years is supposed to behave, so I will have to run the dam' thing again!

We buy our wine in 'mini-bulk' of 5 litres a time which comes in at about $US1.00 a bottle - which is not bad for AOC is it?

Anyway - I agree with you - I love the Internet - e-Bay and all that, Paypal etc., and as I know you are a reluctant convert to Skype, but why not try Yahoo Messenger which is almost as good? Try me on Normlaure0 (Skype) or Normlaure9 YM)

I have just finished my new website (see below) - published the text book and now have just done the Memoirs - including large chunks on OZ - so I have been busy too.  Think about it - without the internet, none of these things could happen.  Amazing!

Pity there are so many people out there bastardising the thing!

Cheers,

Norm

http://career-training-on-cd.com

Norm Clark
+0
Tom
Tom Sparrow

666 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/27/2006 8:24:43 AM

I see these TRAFFIC deals all the time and personally think they are ALL a waste of $$$ as well as time! I feel that buying leads is the best way and you need to experiment with different leads sources until you find a good one, then stick with it! This is NOT an easy task, but once you find a good one, work it!

My Best! Tom   http://www.switchtosuccess.com/scubapro48

Tom Sparrow-CEO Health Innovations & Marketing, Inc. http://tomsparrow.info (FULL PROFILE) scubapro48@gmail.com Skype: tom.sparrow53 248-624-0942 or 248-705-9716
+0
7/27/2006 9:58:53 AM
Hi Linda,

I think it is sad also. It is kind of like the welfare for drug abusers especially repeat offenders. If they never have to deal with the consequences, ie learn how to make good choices from suffering the consequences of bad choices, if they always have someone to rush in and save them from their stupidity, when will they ever learn?

If everyone was as wise as you, if only, LOL.

David
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!