Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: This is kind of sad, really. You think?
7/27/2006 10:07:46 AM
Hi Gary,

=============
Some time ago Linda put out the call for ANYBODY at Adland to prove their pudding. Nobody nominated themselves. How sad. Hundreds, in fact, thousands, of people are therefore FAKING it. Is that fair? Is it honest?
=============

I think your logic here is faulty. I believe Linda made that challenge in her forums, not on national tv or radio or equivalent.

The fact that someone does not want to subject themselves to a possible hostile environment of critics does not prove their program does not work.

My own business is paying my bills. It is online. I do it fulll time. My website does not meet with Linda's approval. That fits her business. I am sure she would be glad for me to pay her $1000s to "fix" it. None of these facts, nor the fact that I did not choose to be censored by Linda and crew prove I am FAKING it.

Could Linda improve my position? In my case I am not sure. Why? because here cost is more than I can bear at the moment. Also, were I to do what she says, I would become another me too in "professional" health industry. I do not want to do that.

I know it is a foregn concept to "professional" web developers, but ugly sites to make profits sometimes just because they are different. I have had several people tell me the site has too many words, too long of a read. They are not making the money I am.

If Linda could show me she is making a success in the alternative health business at a budget I could afford, I would listen more, until then, I read and learn from her and you all I can.

David

DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/27/2006 11:09:43 AM

Hi Linda,

I agree 100%. But, when someone is totally new to the internet, they really don't know any better. All of these offers seem like the end of the rainbow.

What I don't understand is why after someone has been on the net for a time, they still seem to jump on these offers like they were legitimate.

I am certainly not someone who can say she knows a lot about the internet, but I would much rather spend my time working on your course, Linda, or going to some of the forums that actually explain how things work on the internet. (I also enjoy the joke forums, but I digress).

The other day I got an invite to a forum that asked for our opinions on a new offer. The woman wanted to know if it sounded like something that she should get into. I couldn't believe it!! This was someone who has been in Adland for a long time and should have known better. I knew it was a scam, why didn't she?

There was another that was congratulating a young woman for being chosen for a poetry prize(the prize, of course was contingent on sending in money). Again, I was taken aback that people kept coming into this forum and congratulating her for something that was an obvious scam.

It is very confusing and you have to be very careful about who you take advice from.

Thank you for listening.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
7/27/2006 3:09:04 PM

Hey David;

Well, I'm going to agree on a couple of points and disagree on a couple. Fair? lol

=========
I think your logic here is faulty. I believe Linda made that challenge in her forums, not on national tv or radio or equivalent.
=========

Agreed - to a degree. There are a few people, such as yourself, making a living online that prefer to do so quietly. But, when I posted the "challenge" to tell us if anyone is making even $1,000/month, it was aimed at the people that are promoting  "join this, get rich"  programs. The point was that they are not, themselves, achieving what they are advertising.

=========
My own business is paying my bills. It is online. I do it fulll time. My website does not meet with Linda's approval. That fits her business. I am sure she would be glad for me to pay her $1000s to "fix" it.
=========

Not true at all. At one point, you'd asked for some pointers in the site reviews I used to do and I made some suggestions... but to say it doesn't meet with my approval is a big stretch from there, or a misunderstanding.

As for the comment that 'd be glad to bill $1000s to fix it, if you think that - you don't know me. *wink* When sole entrepreneurs come to me, the first thing I ask them is what they can honestly afford. If I can help them grow, in stages, with a budget they can afford - then I do. I actually turn away more people than I accept because I won't bill anyone a fee they can't honestly afford. Not my style.

=========
Also, were I to do what she says, I would become another me too in "professional" health industry. I do not want to do that.
=========

Again... if you think that, you don't know me yet. Not *everyone* should look like a big dog, because not everyone IS a big dog. Some people do far, far better with a grassroots look and presentation than with a polished corporate presentation.

=========
I know it is a foregn concept to "professional" web developers, but ugly sites to make profits sometimes just because they are different. I have had several people tell me the site has too many words, too long of a read. They are not making the money I am.
=========

I guess it depends on what you mean by "professional" web developers. If you mean the corporate bozos that were trained in Photoshop graphics, Frontpage, and Macromedia Flash, you're probably right. But, I don't consider those professionals.

A website is just another tool in the marketing arsenal for any business, big or small. As such, it should reflect the business and it's owner. It should not make a small fry look like a big fish, or vice verse.

And, for what it's worth, ugly websites don't make money *because* they are ugly... they make money for the same reason *not ugly* websites make money - because they are believable. Websites that convince no one - make no money.

Linda

+0
7/27/2006 3:59:43 PM
Thankis for the corrections Linda,

I am sorry I misunderstood you.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify.

David
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
7/30/2006 7:11:43 PM

Hi, Tom!

I am new to the internet business world and have been looking for the best ways to advertise my site.  So far I am only trying the free things I can find.  I am on a very tight advertising budget and I want to find the best and most practical ways to use it.

Thank you for the information in your post. This is helpful to me.  I am getting hits and seeing all these traffic deals out there too.  I have not purchased any traffic, but I am a member of AdlandPro Traffic Exchange.  I am glad I haven't puchased any traffic, but i am still looking for some help finding the best places to find leads.  Your advice is helpful.

Thanks,

Tina

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!