Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sandra Cobb

57 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Stem Cell Research
7/24/2006 1:32:26 AM

Monday, July 24, 2006

Embryonic Stem Cell Research

This latest propaganda on stem cell research is just too much. Why do Americans, for the most part, believe everything they hear on TV?

Fact - the US government currently spends about 38 million dollars on stem cell research - our very own tax dollars.  Bush has not squelched stem cell research, he simply made some much needed regulations on how the research was to be conducted.

Fact - there are now nearly 400,000 frozen embryos available for research.

Problem - many of these aren't considered to be primo because of some experimentation with mice, etc, etc.

Fact - stem cells can be harvested from many sources, not just embryos.  Recent research has taken them from testicles!  They have always been harvested from bone marrow for specific reasons. 

Problem - certain stem cells seem to only work in the same situation they were harvested from, which is why they want the embryonic stem cells which can turn into anything.  However, why not continue the research to manipulate the more easily attainable stem cells?  Success cannot be born from evil.  You can't speed up end results.  This type of research takes decades, and we cannot hurry it along by killing our young.  In fact, many of the tests have shown that embryonic stem cells cause tumors, which is why the pharmaceutical companies aren't funding that research.  They are funding adult stem cell research.

Fact - the embryo must be living in order to retrieve the stem cells which then KILLS the embryo.

Picture this - your child has a fatal disease which can only be cured by harvesting the stem cells from a sibling embryo.

Will you get pregnant just to harvest these cells?

Will you kill one child to save another?

It's that simple.

It's wrong.

Stem cell research is good, but it's been going on since the 1980s with no conclusive results, and no advancements made that can help anyone. The embryonic stem cell research is in fact, not popular among most researchers and pharmaceutical companies.  It is most popular with Democrats.

We are putting the cart lightyears ahead of the horse.

This is not even a topic worth debating - yet.

The democrats simply want another reason to cause havoc with our President and his constituents, and this I do not understand since his term is nearly over. I guess they're so afraid that we will elect another Republican President that they are grasping at straws to enrage and outrage.

I find this shameful, not to mention that it is just showcasing their lack of morals and ethics.

End result? They've lost another independent voter. Matter of fact, I'm not sure I can even consider myself an independent any more, except on a local basis.

So how do you feel about embryonic stem cell research?

Live in Harmony. http://SandraCobb.com
+0
Eugene Bonebright

23 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Stem Cell Research
7/24/2006 1:32:45 PM
    Keep it up.  I agree with you all the way. 
I am a registered democrate, that hurts me to say.  Now on the other hand I have never voted that way, how can a conservative be a democrate.

Blessings on you

gene
dr gene
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2006 9:29:03 PM

Hello Sandra,

Stem cell research is wrong. So is torturing animals, in the name of science.

Mary

+0
Donggeun Yoo

2984 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/25/2006 7:30:55 AM

GREETINGS !!

THANKS FOR INVITATION!

http://yoodoo.com.ne.kr/M2CGLOBAL.htm

WARNING: A new immensely powerful viral marketing system has been released, which allows marketers to broadcast messages directly to people's desktops. Learn more about it here: http://www.DesktopLightning.com/ohmmani
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!